Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please someone explain cylindrical point camera

hello,

why can´t i render a 360 "flat" panorama with "cylindrical point" like i can render one with "sperical" camera? tried with vraycamera and new physical...
    i thought with cylindrical point i get something like the apple iphone panorama...and best would be 360 degrees (what the apple camera feature can´t make, it stops about 180 degrees )

at 90 degrees it looks okai, but with higher degrees it does not work anymore...not like i expected i would say

thanks for explaining me

thomes

Examples and explanation of how the cylindrical camera works could be found here:
    http://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/VRAY3MAX/Camera
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

thanks svetlozar,

i know this site since the beginning and tried to understand the pictures of the projection methods.
      but it does not work as i expect it.
      is the same camera as the apple panorama feature a spherical ? the spherical camera seems to scale down the whole picture in the height... in comparison to the default camera, as you can see it in your pictures.
      ...and why do 360 degree not work with the "cylindrical point" camera...

big thanks for help
      thomes
      Attached Files
      Last edited by thomes; 01-04-2016, 03:17 AM.

Comment

The FOV value of the cylindrical (point) camera currently sets both horizontal and vertical field of view to the same value.
        We should change this behavior and enable to select independent horizontal FOV (0-360) and vertical FOV (0-180).
        This is already done for the spherical panorama camera. If you don't need too wide vertical FOV you may try the spherical panorama camera. For small vert. FOV the result will be similar to cylindrical camera.
        V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

cool, thanks for your information and your work, vasil

Comment

Working...
          X