Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vraymtlwrapper and reflection pass problem

Hello,
    I'm rendering (max2016 + vray 3.30.05) a can on a floor. I need the shadow and the reflection of the can on the floor separately so I assign a vraymtlwrapper on the floor with matte surface ON, matte ref/refr ON, Alpha contribution -1, shadow ON, affect alpha ON, reflection amount 1.

the rgb color is the one I was expecting, ie with reflection and shadows without the floor. The vrayshadow pass too, I have shadows on the floor I can isolate.

But the vrayreflection pass isn't; it doesn't show the reflection on the floor, only of the can itself.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I can not find where I'm wrong.
    Thank you for your help,
    Pierre
    Studiosezz

Hi, try unchecking affect reflection/refraction
    edit, also check if your base mat is vraymat

Comment

Thank you Tambyra for your answer.
      My base material is a vraymat with just full reflection.
      I try unckecking "matte for refl/refr" option but it doesn't change the vrayreflection pass. Still black.
      I don't understand why. missing something
      Studiosezz

Comment

can someone help me? Or give me an idea ?
        Thank you !
        Studiosezz

Comment

+1 i would like to know too
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Arch Pedro A. Solano
          "Save the irradiance map, save the render"
          Vray 3.10.03|3DMax 2011 x64|Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @3.4GHz|16GB Ram|Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
          Follow us on facebook
          Visit us on PSolano

Comment

Would it be possible to attach the scene so we could see the setup that you are using?
            Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
            Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Hello,
              Here is the file,
              Thank you !
              bottle.zip
              Studiosezz

Comment

Thank you very much for the scene.
                This is how the reflections of the matte objects are handled for the moment, they are rendered only in Beauty Pass not in Reflection element.
                We have a note about that into our system as a feature request but we are not able to provide any time frames for its implementation.

Comment

Ok thank you.
                  Do you have an idea of how I can do to isolate the reflection of the can on the floor?
                  I have a new job with a lot of objects I need to isolate.
                  Thank you
                  Pierre
                  Studiosezz

Comment

You could do that a number of ways but all of them will require two render passes.
                    One way to extract the reflections would be to render the matte-surface like you normally do and then do another render with Reflection Amount set to 0.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	3dsmax_2016-07-28_12-50-46.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	862845
                    Then the difference between those two images(with Reflection amount set to 1 and Reflection amount set to 0) will give you exact the Reflections of the can on the floor.

Comment

Another option you could try and might work on a single pass is to rebuild the image from its render elements and then to subtract that result from Beauty Pass.
                      Since the only difference between the beauty and the composed result are the matte-reflections, the result should holds only the reflection of the can over the floor.

Comment

Thank you for your answer and your advice ! I was thinking the same but I have to deliver 150 packs with the reflection and the shadow isolated so it has to be fast.
                        I will compare with rendermask to see if it's not faster.
                        Studiosezz

Comment

Originally posted by svetlozar.draganov View Post
                          Thank you very much for the scene.
                          This is how the reflections of the matte objects are handled for the moment, they are rendered only in Beauty Pass not in Reflection element.
                          We have a note about that into our system as a feature request but we are not able to provide any time frames for its implementation.
                          Any update on this? it seems very odd that the reflection of a Matte material is ignored in the reflection pass. Is this something which will be corrected at some point?

Comment

Working...
                          X