Denoising stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denoising stuck

I was testing the denoiser on some of my scenes. One large-ish render took a lot of time and I pressed Esc a few times to try and cancel out of it. The frame buffer closed but the denoising just kept going indefinitely making everything else unresponsive. CPU running at 99% and denoise progress percentage rising into thousands.

Had to kill the 3ds max task... which was unfortunate, since I lost a bit of work since the last save.

Anyway - perhaps there should be a big red button to stop the denoising if it's taking too long?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	denoise_stuck.png
Views:	1
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	884702

Originally posted by viscorbel View Post
    I was testing the denoiser on some of my scenes. One large-ish render took a lot of time and I pressed Esc a few times to try and cancel out of it. The frame buffer closed but the denoising just kept going indefinitely making everything else unresponsive. CPU running at 99% and denoise progress percentage rising into thousands.

Had to kill the 3ds max task... which was unfortunate, since I lost a bit of work since the last save.

Anyway - perhaps there should be a big red button to stop the denoising if it's taking too long?
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]30636[/ATTACH]
    This means that for some reason the hardware implementation of the denoiser failed and the CPU version kicked in. That's why the 99% CPU usage happened. When it does that it starts reporting wrong percentage, we will fix that. Do you have any GPUs installed and what ? It seems like it happens rarely, but we will try to reproduce this with the Esc button pressing.
    In the meantime, if you happen to have a lot of those problems, you can always disable the hardware acceleration with the checkbox in the VRayDenoiser settings. The denoising will be quite a lot slower in that case, though.
    V-Ray fan.
    Looking busy around GPUs ...
    RTX ON

Comment

Ok, thanks for the explanation!
      Still a way to stop the calculation would be good

I do have a gpu istalled, nvidia gtx980

Comment

Originally posted by viscorbel View Post
        Still a way to stop the calculation would be good
        Yes, we know, will do it.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

same thing happening here with gtx660Ti, drivers up to date.
          but in our case this occurs only while updating denoised result in vrimg loaded into VFB.
          Marcin Piotrowski
          youtube

Comment

Working...
          X