Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR debugging

Hi,

We're currently rendering a fairly complex scene, lots of plugins, lots of MultiScatter objects and I frequently have issues with my one DR node rendering other buckets as if missing MultiScatter, or textures or anything like that (Which is not the case).
    Sometimes it's a user error sometimes it's just strange and difficult to debug due to lack of information. I checked transfer missing assets but some kind of log or something which explains why my slave node renders different buckets would be a cool addition for debugging complex scenes.
    Software:
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
    3ds Max 2016 SP4
    V-Ray Adv 3.60.04

Hardware:
    Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3.40 GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (4096MB RAM)
    64GB RAM

DxDiag

Generally you can always check vraylog.txt files from the nodes and the main machine for any errors. The file can be obtained in User's Temp directory. Please keep in mind that the option "Restart servers on render end" is not checked. This is important in order to keep the log file from being overridden by the next job.
    Furthermore if you come across any DR issues you can contact us directly at support@chaosgroup.com and we will do our best to assist you. Also always make sure that you are using identical V-Ray and other plugin versions on all machines in the pool. Moreover if VraySpawner is registered as a service please make sure it uses an administrator account or start the Spawner manually.
    Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Alright, the next time I render that scene I'll make sure to follow your advice and check that stuff. Project is pushed back at the moment due to more important work but I'll update the thread if I have new information.
      Software:
      3ds Max 2016 SP4
      V-Ray Adv 3.60.04

Hardware:
      64GB RAM

DxDiag

Comment

Turned out as a user error - I forgot that I recently restored the system via an image on which a certain plugin wasn't yet installed... sorry to bother.
        Software:
        3ds Max 2016 SP4
        V-Ray Adv 3.60.04

Hardware:
        64GB RAM

DxDiag

Comment

Working...
        X