Cube 6x1 camera type is mirrored

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,
    I thought I'd follow up to this thread with some clarification on the manipulations we are making to the VRay cubemaps. Our goal currently is to display the 360 pano images in mono format (not stereo) on the web because the majority of our target audience has yet to own personal VR systems (and it takes half as much time to render!). We are currently reproducing the method that Autodesk uses for Revit panos coming from A360 so below is an image showing the steps we take in Photoshop to correct the 1x6 cubemap coming from VRAY in order to get them to work the same. I think this is why some had wished for the ability to automatically split each cube face into individual renders to help simplify the post rearranging process.

It sounds like if we were to choose a pay-for hosting solution, that most of these services are handling this manipulation automatically in the background - correct? It also sounds like depending on the intended presentation system (VR goggle, Browser) that there are slightly different manipulations that must occur? I hope you can appreciate why I'm still trying to wrap my head around all of this. If there is a more efficient way to do what we are doing for Mono versus Stereo, please let me know.
    Thanks! -Dave
    Attached Files

Comment

www.vrto.me

If you need any help, please let me know

Stan
      Stan

Comment

Working...
      X