No announcement yet.

VFB still getting stuck in 3.4.02

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hm, i've also had some random crashes recently some with warning, others without warning, and both cases while rendering with Vray... Thought it was some plugin or something on my scene, but might be the VFB.

Comment

Originally posted by Moriah View Post
      Hm, i've also had some random crashes recently some with warning, others without warning, and both cases while rendering with Vray... Thought it was some plugin or something on my scene, but might be the VFB.
      It's somewhat unlikely that it's the VFB... it would be best if you report those separately.

Best regards,
      Vladop
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

About the VFB freezing issue again - are you guys starting the render from the VFB "render" button, or from somewhere else? There is one possible issue I can see if the render is started from the VFB button...

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
          About the VFB freezing issue again - are you guys starting the render from the VFB "render" button, or from somewhere else? There is one possible issue I can see if the render is started from the VFB button...

Best regards,
          Vlado
          90% of the time i click 3dsmax's default teapot button to render. Also most of the time this issue happens when i use VFB's region render. When it freezes, the region render draw is unlocked and it just follows the mouse, i cannot lock it, so i have to press a windows taskbar for it to unfreeze.

Comment

90% of the time i click 3dsmax's default teapot button to render. Also most of the time this issue happens when i use VFB's region render. When it freezes, the region render draw is unlocked and it just follows the mouse, i cannot lock it, so i have to press a windows taskbar for it to unfreeze.
            Ok, thanks - that's very useful information Is this during rendering, or before you even get to render? In any case, will take a look through the region drawing code to see if there's a missing mouse release somewhere.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Ok, thanks - that's very useful information Is this during rendering, or before you even get to render? In any case, will take a look through the region drawing code to see if there's a missing mouse release somewhere.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              This only happens when i already started a render and keep the vfb non-minimized while i work within 3dsmax.

Comment

Ok, thanks, I think I know what's the problem... will try to work around it. Do you have access to the nightly builds, btw?

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

Ok, thanks, I think I know what's the problem... will try to work around it. Do you have access to the nightly builds, btw?

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  Yes i do but i had to revert due to a triplanartex bump bug that was reported and noted on your system.

Comment

Yes i do but i had to revert due to a triplanartex bump bug that was reported and noted on your system.
                    Yes, I know, will fix that one too.

Best regards,
                    Vlado

Comment

Cheers, let us know when both are fixed!

Comment

I´m not sure if this is the same bug, but I´ve had the same annoying issue with the VFB for quite some time now.

For me it only happens when I cancel a rendering. Every now and then the VFB gets stuck and I cannot cancel the rendering anymore. It doesn´t render anymore, but the calculation time is counting on and I can´t click on anything else.
                        I have to go to the taskmanager and end 3ds Max from there. Once I do that I get a message saying i can´t end the program, because it is waiting for an action (or something like that). I can then go back to 3ds Max and get the "do you want to save before quitting"-Dialog, where I can choose to save.

It seems the problem is gone the next time I open the project and start a rendering.

It mostly seems to get stuck on SSS prepass or displacement presampling, but then again most of my scenes use either or both of those, so I can´t really pinpoint it to that.
                        I also most of the time use iterative rendering, it doesn´t seem to matter if I use the Max render button or the VFB render button though.

For a time it looked, like it also happened most frequently, after I changed something in the scene like a vray light or a material, but thats also just a guess on my side.

For me it seems to happen 7 out of 10 times when working with a scene I just openend, upon first test rendering...

Comment

Originally posted by ben_hamburg View Post
                          For me it only happens when I cancel a rendering.
                          Which 3ds Max version are you using? Do you cancel with the ESC key, from the Cancel button in the 3ds Max render progress dialog, or the red "Stop" button in the V-Ray VFB? Also, since this happens so often, can you get me a process dump for the 3dsmax.exe process while it is in this frozen state? It would be extremely helpful.

Best regards,
                          Vlado

Comment

We reverted back to 3ds Max 2016 and I don´t remember if it also happend in 3ds Max 2017. I always cancel either with ESC or with the cancel button in the 3ds Max rendering dialog. How do I get a process dump file?

Comment

Originally posted by ben_hamburg View Post
                              How do I get a process dump file?
                              In either Task Manager or Process Explorer, find the 3dsmax.exe process, right-click and select "Create dump file". Process Explorer can generate minidump files, which are a lot smaller; by default Task Manager generates a full dump of the process which is larger and it may be more difficult to get it to us (we can provide FTP access for upload, if needed). But either of those will be very helpful.

Best regards,
                              Vlado

Comment

Working...
                              X