zbrush displacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zbrush displacement

Okay... is there any trick to get correct displacement map in 3dsmax vray form zbrush. I'm exporting 16 bit dips maps from zbrush and it's always clunky after rendering in vray.
    When I use same map as bump map all looks good. But when i drop it in vray displacement it's loosing details. I tried upping 2d resolution in vray disp but still same problem.
    Or maybe there is some but in new vray?
    Luke Szeflinski
    :: www.lukx.com cgi

I like this workflow, and most of the time i had good results with this - http://www.cggallery.com/tutorials/displacement/

But sometimes i try to export the low and high and bake in another software like substance designer/painter.

Comment

Originally posted by Moriah View Post
      But sometimes i try to export the low and high and bake in another software like substance designer/painter.
      XNormal is free and does a good job.

I noticed the details in ZBrush look way more bumpy than in max. They do something to visually push it up. Even with cavity turned off in ZBrush.
      So that could let you expect a different result.
      But I'm new to ZBrush. So If someone knows a way to get zbrush closer to how it looks in Max, tell me!
      Last edited by Ihno; 20-07-2016, 05:16 AM.
      German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

Xnormal, was good in the past, now with other options less and less people are using it. Clumsy, slow, interface from 1990, etc.

Substance package you literally just have to import both meshes, select whatever maps you want, res, and you're good to go. Results have also better quality and it's way faster too. And so far i haven't had any problems with it, and guess what you can even texture all your assets in there . Can't say the same regarding Zbrush map exports and texturing capabilities.

Comment

Working...
        X