VR problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VR problems

Can anyone tell me why our VR cube maps are coming out like attached?

There is a faint line around all edges that presents itself as a cube box outline in the environment when seen in VR.
    It is most noticeable along the bottom edge where it looks like there is an extra blank pixel.

The image filter is off.

Click image for larger version

Name:	NL_VR_Bed_test.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	408.2 KB
ID:	885053
    WerT
    www.dvstudios.com.au

I had a similar issue & it was when editing in photoshop raw.
    Same image without editing in p.s looks fine
    www.kobo9.ch

Comment

You might be right, but we saved as EXR so I don't think we can process the image without photoshop. And while it explains the border pixels it does not really explain the pixels between the cubes in the middle of the image.

I'll see if i can load the exr into vray frame buffer and save it out as a jpg from there and see if it solves the issue.
      Last edited by werticus; 01-08-2016, 07:56 PM.
      WerT
      www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

I've checked the exr file in the frame buffer and the problem is present in the original file. So i guess photoshop isnt the problem.

I've loaded up an old file that didn't have the problem and I'm going to compare all the vray settings to see if i can figure out what is causing this blurring of the lines between the cube sides.
        Last edited by werticus; 02-08-2016, 02:08 AM.
        WerT
        www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

I think the issue might be being caused by vray's frame buffer. I am investigating this further.
          WerT
          www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

I just tested max's exr output vs vrays exr output (both using vray fsb) and the white edge is still present.
            WerT
            www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

ARGH, as it turned out image filter was on somehow, despite checking it twice and I swear it was off
              WerT
              www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

Working...
              X