Please fix jaggies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JezUK View Post

I don't think that's a very helpful tone - one of the things I adore about this forum is the helpful-ness of others. The last thing I want to be told to do is 'go and read up......' (we do !) - but sometimes, some things are better explained through a to-ing and fro-ing forum dialogue until it's understood.
    I fail to see how telling someone the exact cause of their issue that they need to look into, and how to go about fixing it is somehow profoundly unhelpful?
    Check out my (rarely updated) blog @ http://macviz.blogspot.co.uk/

www.robertslimbrick.com

Cache nothing. Brute force everything.

Comment

I have less and less time these days to figure out the software. Clients demand perfect images, want to pay less -- you know the deal. If a piece of software gets me from A to B quicker and better I use it.

I use Nuke with ArionFX plugin for post and tone mapping. It's almost a perfect workflow except for those jaggies. It's not a deal breaker, but just one of those things that I wish there was a quick fix for instead of spending more and more time in post. Like the denoiser. I'll see if lens effect or clamping will get me there moving forward.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

quick exercise in ArionFX.
        just reinhard tonemapping and lens effects. jaggies on bright diffuse materials, on speculars and on lights. we can safely assume default VRay settings:
        Click image for larger version  Name:	aliasing_raw1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	387.2 KB ID:	964150Click image for larger version  Name:	aliasing_raw2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	363.1 KB ID:	964151Click image for larger version  Name:	aliasing_arionFX.jpg Views:	1 Size:	372.5 KB ID:	964152
        Last edited by piotrus3333; 15-08-2017, 12:05 PM. Reason: typo
        Marcin Piotrowski
        youtube

Comment

Working...
        X