Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resumable rendering hangs forever on "Saving progressive resumable file"

Hello,
    I wanted to try the new resumable rendering but it doesn't work : tried on a current project and when I stop the render 3ds max hangs forever at "Saving progressive resumable file..." and freezes.
    I also tried on a new scene with just a teapot, same problem.

mekene

Hello,

Not sure what's going on, can you give me some more details? A couple of things that I can think of:
    What is the render resolution and how many render elements do you have? The saving process can take some time with very large resolutions and/or many render elements, but it should eventually complete.
    Where are the files saved - local drive or a network location? Does it have enough free space? The resumable files can be quite large in some cases.
    Radoslav Platikanov | V-Ray R&D

Comment

The render contains lots of render elements indeed, around 20. The file is saved on the network and the render is distributed. The output resolution is 2000x1200
      I did a few more tests :
      - In bucket mode, the resumable render is stopped instantely when I hit cancel.
      - In progressive mode it took about 15mn to save the vrimg !

I almost always render in bucket mode for DR anyway, so not a big problem.

mekene

Comment

Thanks for the details. I can't reproduce it though, in my tests it takes around 30 seconds to save a file with similar settings to a network location. I'll do some more tests to see if I can find anything. 15 minutes is way too much in any case.
        Can you check the size of the saved .vrprog file? It should be around 100-200 MB for these settings.
        Also, can you try saving to a local drive and see how long it takes? It would also be helpful if you can get me a log from the local machine.

About stopping in bucket mode - it's normal to be instant, it doesn't save the buckets when stopping, each bucket is written directly to the file as soon as it's done.

Comment

I tested saving locally and it is much faster.
          If I save to the network, I can see the file size of .vrprog increasing veery slowly.

mekene

Comment

Ok, thanks. I found a couple of problems that can lead to this and I'll fix them. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

Working...
            X