Clear Image when using Render mask

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear Image when using Render mask

Is there a way to tell VRay to clear up the vfb before rendering the next frame when using "selected" or "Object ID's" as a render mask? Or do i have to render out each frame by hand?

The background is that i need to render out some additional masks, it works on a single image without problems but when rendering a sequence of images the framebuffer doesnt clears up after rendering so i always render on top of the old rendering which results in a bad alpha channel. Only workaround i found right now is to render each frame by hand and clean up the vfb instead of simply rendering a sequence...
    www.short-cuts.de

In the Render Setup dialog, go to the Settings tab, switch the System rollout to Advanced mode and for the "Previous render" drop-down, select "Clear".

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks! i knew there had to be a better way
      www.short-cuts.de

Comment

I don't see that dropdown in 3.60.03 and I'm having this problem. Is this a bug or has it moved somewhere else?

Comment

Hello,

It is still there in the same place - https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...ncedParameters

Best regards,
          Yavor
          Yavor Rubenov
          V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

I should have clarified...I'm on the RT side and don't see it.

Comment

Ahaa I see. Unfortunately there is no such option in RT when used as a production renderer. We have it as an issue in our system.
              Yavor Rubenov

Comment

Is there any work around? Right now I'm having to do a second render with a material override and multi-matte to get the object alpha I need.

Comment

Bump. I didn't find the "clear" option in Vray GPU. I can't render selected objects without all the frames appearing on top of each other. I think that is a very important option (in vray advanced it's the dropdown list that can be set to "unchanged" or "clear".) thanks

Comment

Unfortunately this is still not present.
                    I've written some kind of a workaround here:
                    https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...32#post1032132

Best regards,
                    Yavor
                    Yavor Rubenov

Comment

Thanks looking forward to the feature being officially added, will use the workaround for the time being!

Comment

Working...
                      X