Lens effects source render element?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lens effects source render element?

I'm on the latest vray (3.50.03 afaik) and I used to use the lens effect source render element to determine how much intensity I should put my glare and bloom masks on. This seem to have disappeared?
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

Anybody?
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

I think there is just RGB color and effectsResult now in 3.5. Can't you just look at RGB color instead?

Daniel
      Daniel Schmidt - Developer of psd-manager

Comment

Well I'm not sure, as I recall the values in the effect source element were different and helped determine which number to use as an intensity mask. Could someone in CG shed some light on this please?
        A.

---------------------
        www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Indeed, it was way easier to estimate what exactly is affected by the bloom/glare when we had those render elements available.

Comment

Hello!
            Originally posted by Vizioen View Post
            Well I'm not sure, as I recall the values in the effect source element were different and helped determine which number to use as an intensity mask. Could someone in CG shed some light on this please?
            Yes, the source channels that were available before for Lens effects have been removed. This is because the lens effects (and all post effects in general, including VRayDenoiser) are now calculated from the rgb channel. The source elements were part of a different workflow and are not generated anymore. Instead, you can check the color values in the rgb channel with the Pixel information tool and get some idea of the intensity mask you would need.

Best regards,
            Margarita
            Margarita Stoeva | chaos.com
            Chaos QA (V-Ray for 3ds Max)

Comment

Working...
            X