3.5 RT connection with SteamVR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.5 RT connection with SteamVR

Not sure if this is a SteamVR issue or not, but when I render direct to the Vive, Max then becomes coupled with SteamVR, and if I shutdown SteamVR it shuts down Max also. I opened up Whirligig and it took control of steamvr, which instantaneously closed Max.

Different question but same scenario - any guidelines on what works for the RT stereo direct to Vive? Everything I've tried so far has the eyes several feet apart, even if I set camera target distance to 50000'. Scene might be in inches, I'll have to check. Does a stereorig or stereohelper come into play with RT direct to Vive?
    | LinkedIn | Twitter | JCanimator.com |

Hello,

SteamVR automatically closes current application if another one initialize a new session.
    Stereorig and vraystereoscopic do not currently affect VRay RT rendering.
    About the stereo issue, you could first check your scene setup - are there objects that are too close to camera? Does the scene looks fine when rendering mono and what happens if you set eye distance to zero?
    It seems that camera target distance is not updated interactively - you may need to restart RT rendering after every modification.
    You may also try to use parallel stereo settable using maxscirpt: renderers.current.stereo_focus=0.
    Since eye rotation angle is fixed, you cannot achieve good stereoscopic separation for distant objects and objects that are too close at the same time.
    Large objects in front of camera may not look fine even with parallel camera.

Best Regards,
    Vasil Minkov
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Working...
    X