Installation Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation Problem

So Im going for my 4th time installing 3dsmax 2016 SP3 and V-Ray 3.5.anything and for some odd reason the first 3 times all is well installing everything but after I install 3dsmax, sp3, Phoenix and then V-Ray I test firing up 3dsmax every time but for some reason after installing V-Ray I can even start up 3dsmax, it gets to the point where it almost loads and then gives me "this application will now close due to an error..." but I cant find what the error is. Also if I dump V-Ray at this point then I get a startup script error about "vrsceneexport.ms" but I hit ok and it seems to run but of course no V-Ray.

3dsmax 2016 SP3 (Fresh install)
    Phoenix 3.03
    V-Ray 3.5.04
    Windows 7
    HP Elitebook 8740w

Any suggestions?

-dave
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Can you try to clean-reinstall V-Ray - uninstall as described here - https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...ninstall+V-Ray
    After that - please check if there are any script files left in "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max XXXX\scripts\startup\" that have names starting with "vray" (i.e. vrayutils.ms, vrayinstall.ms, vraysceneexport.ms vraylightlister.ms)
    and "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max XXX\scripts\V-Ray". If there are such files please remove them.
    Then proceed with a fresh new installation.

If still unsuccessful - it's best to send us a mail at support@chaosgroup.com along with the dump file attached (also 3dsmax_minidump file from %temp% folder if you use a different dump).

PS - I trust that your Windows 7 is 64 bit, not a 32bit one.
    Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

yes I'm still trying to eradicate anything having to do with AD and V-Ray to make a clean install. And yes it is 64bit

there were a couple AD installs that wouldn't uninstall so I am using Microsoft's cool little install/uninstall application utility which can usually get rid of anything trying to hang on but can be slow in doing its job. For those curious Im posting a link as this is a great utility straight from M$ https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...led-or-removed

-dave
      Last edited by Syclone1; 13-03-2017, 10:35 AM.
      Cheers,
      -dave
      ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Originally posted by ivan.slavchev View Post
        Can you try to clean-reinstall V-Ray - uninstall as described here - https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...ninstall+V-Ray
        After that - please check if there are any script files left in "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max XXXX\scripts\startup\" that have names starting with "vray" (i.e. vrayutils.ms, vrayinstall.ms, vraysceneexport.ms vraylightlister.ms)
        and "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max XXX\scripts\V-Ray". If there are such files please remove them.
        Then proceed with a fresh new installation.

If still unsuccessful - it's best to send us a mail at support@chaosgroup.com along with the dump file attached (also 3dsmax_minidump file from %temp% folder if you use a different dump).

PS - I trust that your Windows 7 is 64 bit, not a 32bit one.
        Still having problems after uninstalling everything and manually deleting anything Autodesk and any residual plugin files and just loaded max 2016, sp3 and it was firing up ok and then loaded v-Ray and poof, crashes on opening again :S Ive send the dump file to support so hopefully they can help because this is something Ive never run into before and Im totally screwed if I cant get this going soon.

-dave
        Cheers,
        -dave

Comment

Could you please give us a ticket number generated from our system, when an e-mail was sent to: support@chaosgroup.com, or tell us from which e-mail address did you write to: support@chaosgroup.com ?
          Thanks.
          Stefan Isakov

Technical Support Representative
          support@chaosgroup.com

Contact Support

Chaos Group

Comment

Originally posted by stefan.isakov View Post
            Could you please give us a ticket number generated from our system, when an e-mail was sent to: support@chaosgroup.com, or tell us from which e-mail address did you write to: support@chaosgroup.com ?
            Thanks.
            The ticket is "[#254222] Install problems"
            Cheers,
            -dave

Comment

The other weird thing is 35004 crashes max, 34002 crashes max, 3305 seems to run fine o_O
              Cheers,
              -dave

Comment

Thank you, we have the crash dump file now and investigating...
                Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
                Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by tashko.zashev View Post
                  Thank you, we have the crash dump file now and investigating...
                  Cool beans, thank you very very very much
                  Cheers,
                  -dave

Comment

I you guys cant find anything shortly I might shoot the laptop to our IT dept to be wiped completely and reloaded, they are itching to put winblows 10 on it but Ive fought it till now. But just for sh!ts and giggles I rant some OS updates and was going to try 35003 but after loading the license server I checked the messages and saw what I think is highly unusual in the screen shot below that it fails to ID the OS?

-dave

Click image for larger version

Name:	v-ray license ss.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	867009
                    Cheers,
                    -dave

Comment

It crashes somewhere in the license part of the code, but we will need more time to find what exactly is the problem.
                      Do you have more than one Network adapters installed on this machine?

Comment

Originally posted by Syclone1 View Post
                        I you guys cant find anything shortly I might shoot the laptop to our IT dept to be wiped completely and reloaded, they are itching to put winblows 10 on it but Ive fought it till now. But just for sh!ts and giggles I rant some OS updates and was going to try 35003 but after loading the license server I checked the messages and saw what I think is highly unusual in the screen shot below that it fails to ID the OS?

-dave

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36873[/ATTACH]
                        Thank you for the screenshot, is it possible to send us the log files from your machine in order to investigate this error message further? You can just paste the following in your web browser, in order to download the logs:
                        http://localhost:30304/logs/download

You send it at support@chaosgroup.com
                        Stefan Isakov

Technical Support Representative
                        support@chaosgroup.com

Contact Support

Chaos Group

Comment

I sent the log you mentioned above to the same ticket I have opened.

Cheers,

-dave
                          Cheers,
                          -dave

Comment

Originally posted by tashko.zashev View Post
                            It crashes somewhere in the license part of the code, but we will need more time to find what exactly is the problem.
                            Do you have more than one Network adapters installed on this machine?
                            I only have Wifi and a gigabit Lan on this laptop. and only using 1 at a time
                            Cheers,
                            -dave

Comment

Originally posted by Syclone1 View Post
                              I only have Wifi and a gigabit Lan on this laptop. and only using 1 at a time
                              OK, thank you. Will post here or reply on your ticket when we have an update.

Comment

Working...
                              X