Slow "Loading bitmaps and updating object"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was progress on this problem.

This problem occurs when log output destination is "c:\VRayLog.txt"(V-Ray2.x default), log can not be written to Drive C:\ with Windows UAC etc.

Changing the Log output destination to another drive will not cause problems.

Please improve so that the output to VRayLog does not affect the rendering process.
    Last edited by flat; 24-08-2017, 02:02 AM.

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
    oakcorp.net
    v-ray.jp

Comment

The default location for the log file has been changed a (very) long time ago to be the temporary folder for the current user. If your clients are using old presets or old maxstart.max files, they should update them. I would NOT recommend writing the log to c:\vraylog.txt

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

When reading old VRay scenes, it may be better to replace the log output destination with %temp%.

thanx

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
        oakcorp.net
        v-ray.jp

Comment

Wow, glad I read till the end. This changed my load time from half hour to 30 seconds, lol. This would be a great option to ask to reset to "%temp%" on old Vray scenes.
          Last edited by arcfx; 22-04-2018, 01:56 AM.
          Nathan Evans
          nate@arcfx.com
          www.arcfx.com

Comment

I have been fighting this for days. Unknown to me, my old default file was using c:\VRayLog.txt. This was never an issue up to v3.4, but after that all older files need to be changed to %TEMP%. And I should point out that after changing the path you need to save the file and restart Max to reset the temp variable. I very much agree on an option to reset %TEMP% when older file is detected. Maybe a simple line we could type into the listener and write a quick menu item to run it.

Comment

Working...
            X