V-Ray 3.6 TriPlanar issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray 3.6 TriPlanar issue

I've come across what looks like a bug in the TriPlanar node. We just upgraded our render farm to V-Ray 3.6. All Running Max2016 SP4 Ext2. I started seeing flickering issues, and I immediately suspected the BerconMaps to be at fault, but from my testing, it's actually coming from the TriPlanar mapping.
    Across our render farm, I actually see three different render result. I can point out the servers rendering differently, but I cannot figure out why this is happening. Looks like we have 8+1 out of 40 blades rendering differently.

See my example here with and without TriPlanar mapping.
    Last edited by tronotrond; 06-07-2017, 03:03 PM.

Could you send us your test scene to support@chaosgroup.com, so we could reproduce the same results here and see what exactly is causing the issue.
    Nikolay Kusht | chaos.com
    Team Lead, 3D Support | contact us

Comment

Just emailed it to you.

Thanks!

Comment

I'm also experiencing this issue. Has there been any development? I've seen varied results, but it looks like it's converting the numbers itself to conversion to Centimeters. Instead of being 40" it seems to scale it to 101.6" on my farm.

Click image for larger version  Name:	triplanarfarm_v2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	116.5 KB ID:	985076

Comment

The last time we couldn't managed to reproduce the same results on our side. Make sure you use the latest official build of V-Ray on all machines. Another thing that you could try is to make sure that the Windows regional settings "Additional settings" "Decimal symbol" and "Digit grouping symbol" have also same setup for all nodes. Regarding the regional settings mentioned, open Control Panel > Region and Language > Formats > Format tab ? it is required to be same on every machine.
          Nikolay Kusht | chaos.com
          Team Lead, 3D Support | contact us

Comment

Working...
          X