when applying LUT in VFB, doesn't get baked when saving .jpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Svetlozar thank you for clarification!
    Now, tell me, woudl it be too much of a pain for Chaos team to make some developement road map like the Render Legion guys do?

That way we would know what to expect and when.
    I understand VFB2 is not something that can be released without 100% functionality as its the main output means of vray and it cant be failing, but still a hint would be very appreciated. Especially when its VFB that makes people partially jump over to Corona (also from what i read here the absence of user friendly VFB Lightmix and bump edging issue in vray)

Thank you for your consideration!
    M

Martin
    http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

Originally posted by svetlozar.draganov View Post
      Thanks to the feedback of everybody. There is no big deal here realy - we are constantly falling into mutually exclusive situations.
      From one side we have a users that would like to not save those color correction and apparently from another we have users that do want to save them.
      This is not the first time this is happening and it certainly it won't be the last one. Of course the logical way to handle this is to make an option in the VFB where user should chose proper workflow for his needs.
      I'll make a note about that and will discuss it with our leading developers.

VFB is not forgotten for sure, we are working on VFB2 for some time now but it's not yet ready for official release. There are actually many changes to the VFB, if you open the changelog.txt file and search "VFB" you'll see that there are actually lot of things done.
      yes exactly.

But these are not necessarily mutually exclusive. As option it would be ideal, but that also means that you or cannot save with LUT.

Our production pipeline is based on post, so we are doing a lot of work outside of VFB, we dont need mixer and perfect output from VFB/
      But when i need to make 20-30 fast previews, and i cannot apply my coloring prepared in other software, that mean that i have to be screenshooting which is really not handyor open my 1-2 min render previews in different SW just to apply the LUT that i would apply in VFB.

For WIP renders it is extreme difference and it has been asked for many time, and yes somebody is not doing post in VFB (we also don't) but still as option it is simply missing.

Comment

Our bug tracker for the moment is for internal usage only. We have discussing the possibility to open it for customers the a few times but for one reason or another we haven't done it.
        I don't know how the things will develop for the future, we are trying to be as much flexible as we can so I won't be surprised if at some point our bug-tracking system becomes public.

VFB is not a small part of V-Ray but since the beginning users would like to turn it into fully functional compositing software. We weren't very into that idea but as a client driven company we made the necessary changes in order to not disappoint our customers. This thread is not yet over and even though we are a bit behind our competitors we'll try develop all those cool frame buffer features into VFB2.
        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post

yes exactly.

But these are not necessarily mutually exclusive. As option it would be ideal, but that also means that you or cannot save with LUT.

Our production pipeline is based on post, so we are doing a lot of work outside of VFB, we dont need mixer and perfect output from VFB/
          But when i need to make 20-30 fast previews, and i cannot apply my coloring prepared in other software, that mean that i have to be screenshooting which is really not handyor open my 1-2 min render previews in different SW just to apply the LUT that i would apply in VFB.

For WIP renders it is extreme difference and it has been asked for many time, and yes somebody is not doing post in VFB (we also don't) but still as option it is simply missing.
          Thanks for that information, it would be very helpful in the discussion why this option is actually needed!
          Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
          Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

OK thank you! Really looking forward to it!
            Martin
            http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

Hi Svetlozar,

Pretty much the same as what the other guys have said. The finals get done in a different software package but for tests/wip I don't want to have to go to photoshop to add corrections. Just want the image in the vfb to be saved as it is. Personally I would like to have an option to save the renders with and without the lut (so 2 versions), mainly so I can compare them in photoshop when finalising the images. For animation it might be another story, but for stills maybe a setting could be added that if you use a lut both versions will be automatically saved with the rest of the render passes.

Comment

Originally posted by svetlozar.draganov View Post
                VFB is not a small part of V-Ray but since the beginning users would like to turn it into fully functional compositing software. We weren't very into that idea but as a client driven company we made the necessary changes in order to not disappoint our customers. This thread is not yet over and even though we are a bit behind our competitors we'll try develop all those cool frame buffer features into VFB2.
                These words made me happy! )
                Thank you
                -------------------------------------------------------------
                Simply, I love to put pixels together! Sounds easy right : ))
                Sketchbook-1 /Sketchbook-2 / Behance / Facebook

Comment

As others here I wait for the save option with LUT. If the LUT is for preview purpose only why the others options from that same VFB (like exposure, levels etc.) can be saved in the same time? Perhaps MOST of the users (have You checked that?) do not use their renders with LUT applied but SOME do. I do not have the newer version of Photoshop with LUT filter and the only way I can apply LUT is only through Adobe After Effects (which is very uncomfortable with importing files and rendering them to be used in further process).
                  Even today I rendered image in V-RAY with LUT applied and due the lack of save option I had to copy/paste about 20 render elements just to have them with proper colours. Please implement that!!!

Comment

VrayNext allows you to save image with LUT applied. There is an Save In Image option,
                    Vincent Jaramillo
                    Smithgroup
                    301 Battery Street
                    San Francisco, Ca 94111

Comment

Originally posted by vjaramillo View Post
                      VrayNext allows you to save image with LUT applied. There is an Save In Image option,
                      Thank You so much! I haven't noticed that option!

Comment

Working...
                      X