Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More render to texture problems, any idea as what may be causing this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More render to texture problems, any idea as what may be causing this?

This is a simple scene just a plane and a skylight.

The only thing is the scene scale is quite large (not sure if this is contributing to the problem.

Renders normally but when i put it to render to texture, I get strange blotches all over, I am using Brute force GI. I tested it without GI the blotches go away. But with GI they appear again, I tried all sort of settings and different GI methods they just wont go away.

You can find image comparisons below (I upped the contrast a bit for you to see) and the Max file attached below.

https://files.fm/u/f9y8m7p3

Any ideas?

Thanks.

EDIT: Correction Without GI I still get artifacts only not as many as the blotches: 3rd Image below shows a sample without GI.
    Last edited by Nkal; 07-08-2017, 01:29 AM.

Update: I was getting a warning that the object was too far from world origin, so I zero'd that out, the artifacts seem to have disappeared for now. I will do some more tests. But still weird that it seems to render fine in normal mode yet Render to texture suffers.

Comment

Update02: Sorry still having the issue, it becomes less when i zero out the said object but it is still there.

Comment

For anyone who wishes to know: The problem turned out to be the scale after all. After a certain scene scale Render to Texture goes crazy, even though it is real world scale I have to scale down my scene by 98% and redo most of the lights in order for Render to Texture and GI to give smooth results.

It is a workaround unfortunately...

Comment

Can you attach some sample scene that has this problem, so that we can fix it?

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
            Can you attach some sample scene that has this problem, so that we can fix it?

Best regards,
            Vlado
            Hi Vlado,

Thanks for taking the time to look at this!

Here is the sample scene link below:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0...mpLaUZVbnFxSXM

Same two objects in the scene one is normal size and the other simply scaled down, just select each and go to Render to Texture for a test render comparison, you'll notice the problem.

Best regards,

Comment

Working...
            X