Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cryptomatte Workflow with Fusion

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to understand how to make it work but I don't seem to be able to do it.

First of, I use Fusion 9 with the latest version (as of 9 augustus) of the plugin and the sample image (provided on github) are working.

Since I want to use it for animation I'm trying to use a workflow compatible with batch render.
    I saw in the doc I need to store all the info in a vrimg so in the batch render I didn't set an output path.
    I enabled the Vray Frame Buffer and tick the V-Ray raw image file. In the popup window I only ticked EXR/VRST/VRSM 32-bit output I suppose there is no incidence of this option since I save as a vrimg file.

Once the render is done I convert the vrimg to exr with the utility.

Here I tick Multipart output and click convert.

Once in fusion I import the exr and set the format in VrayCryptomatte.
    Then I have the console error that seems to say there is no metadata for cryptomatte to be found.

The exr can be downloaded here : http://cynaptek.com/files/crypto.zip
    I can provide the scene in private.

What am I missing ?
    Gil Guminski
    cynaptek.com

As far as I know for proper work of CryptoMatte render element the .exr file should be directly exported from V-Ray, exporting the file to .vrimg and then converting it to .exr with VRIMG to EXR tool may not work properly.
    I'll discuss that with our Devs and I or someone else from the team will post confirmation about that.

Cryptomatte element from the attached .exr file doesn't work here as well, I tested it in Nuke and it didn't work.
    Last edited by svetlozar.draganov; 09-08-2017, 08:56 AM.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Alright, my bad.

I re checked the documentation and now it's clear. I supposed to have to store a .vrimg to make it work but it says save as openexr.
      I do prefear this as I don't have to convert to openexr.

The thing that would be cool is to be able to save the cryptomatte as separate channels and still make it work.
      I suppose this will be possible in the future.

Thank you !
      Gil Guminski
      cynaptek.com

Comment

This is one of it's current limitations, considering this is the first implementation I believe we will have some updates for the future versions.
        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
        X