VRayDenoiser Questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayDenoiser Questions...

This maybe a dumb question, but here it goes anyway.

So there is a lot of things I don't need that the denoiser generates, which make large files. I'd like to be able to just save my effects result channel as my RGB channel when saving. Basically just throwing away everything used to compute the channel. I was hoping to be able to simply save a PNG as my final output.

Is this possible without having to save a VRIMG/exr? I have to save VRIMG using frame buffer to get the denoiser to even compute, then I have to extract the effects result channel I want.

I am basically just looking to avoid having a huge amount of files and channels that i have to extract and then throw away. I don't have unlimited space like larger studios and don't need huge files with tons of control on the way out.

In short, is it not possible to just save the effects result channel as the rgb channel... out to something simple like a PNG?

Also, does Denoiser not compute unless frame buffer is enabled?
    Last edited by joelly3d; 28-08-2017, 07:20 AM.
    -Joel E
    https://www.biglittlepictures.com

It is on the "to do" list to strip out the extra channels. But if you save to PNG, this should already happen automatically? You should get the effects result saved as the RGB channel right away. How are you saving the files?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I could not get the Denoiser to process at all without VRFB on, so here is what I am doing to avoid huge 100mb files per frame and to get the passes to save properly in case anyone else is looking to do the same.....

1. Keep Frame Buffer On.
      2. Don't save any file under common tab.
      3. Under Frame Buffer options Separate Render Channels Checked and Folders checked.... defining name.png in a proper place
      4. Using Denoiser with Show, Single, and Depending options.
      5. Render
      6. Then just delete the folders of passes you don't need on render completion to save space. I am just keeping RGB_color in this particular case.
      -Joel E
      https://www.biglittlepictures.com

Comment

Originally posted by joelly3d View Post
        I could not get the Denoiser to process at all without VRFB on, so here is what I am doing to avoid huge 100mb files per frame and to get the passes to save properly in case anyone else is looking to do the same.....

1. Keep Frame Buffer On.
        2. Don't save any file under common tab.
        3. Under Frame Buffer options Separate Render Channels Checked and Folders checked.... defining name.png in a proper place
        4. Using Denoiser with Show, Single, and Depending options.
        5. Render
        6. Then just delete the folders of passes you don't need on render completion to save space. I am just keeping RGB_color in this particular case.
        What files are you getting with that settings? The folders should be "Alpha, origRGB, RGB_color, VRayDenoiser".
        If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
        Chaos

Comment

Working...
        X