VRay lens effects, animation and denoiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay lens effects, animation and denoiser

I am testing a short animated sequence (just the camera moving). The things I am testing are the glare/bloom settings and the denoiser of animated frames. My sequence has rendered as a series of exr files (around 100MB each for a 1080p sequence, so by the file size alone, I am assuming that the exr file is holding all of the various render elements created by the denoiser and the lens effects). I need to save as EXR files as I need the denoiser tool to analyse and apply the denoise effect post render.

When I add the exr files to an After Effects comp, I am seeing only the RGB (i.e. no bloom/glare).

Equally, when I add the VRay Denoised exr files to an After Effects comp, I am also seeing only the RGB, without all the glare/bloom that I see in the vray framebuffer.

How do I 'instruct' After Effects to see the glare/bloom versions of my sequence?

Kind Regards,
    Richard Birket
    ----------------------------------->
    http://www.blinkimage.com

I'm continuing to play around with this (like the proverbial monkey at a typewriter!) and have worked out how to have After Effects look at the 'effectsResult' layer in the EXR. I had to apply the EXtractoR plugin and tell it which layer to look at: I think this is probably included as standard but I updated it to the latest available from ProEXR. However, on applying the EXtractoR effect to my comp, the image darkens significantly. Any ideas how to overcome this? It is as though there is some gamma adjustment going on as soon as it is added.

The second issue I have is that the Denoiser tool - by default - only seems to denoise the none-bloom/glare version of the image. How do I overcome this? Is it simply by adding the option '-elements=1'? My bloom and glare effects both have their modes set to 'Image Only', so from my understanding, this should mean they are applied to the 'RGB colour' image rather than only in the elements.

Advice would be appreciated, as I doubt these are particularly unique problems.
    Kind Regards,
    Richard Birket
    http://www.blinkimage.com

Comment

Hello,

Sorry to bump this old thread, I was just wondering if you solved your issues?

I am having the same problem using Vray Next.

I am rendering an animation with Glare/Boom, that I would also like to denoise using the stand alone denoiser? I dont know if this is possible yet?

I am saving out as an EXR and setting the denoiser settings to 'only generate render elements'.

The glare and bloom is generated at the end of everyframe as it should and the images saves.

But when I open up the EXR in aftereffects the Glare/Bloom does not appear.

either I am doing something wrong? or I am supprised this is not a big issue and needs to be resolved?

Thank You,

Will

Comment

do you have acces to nightly builds? vlado changed the lens effects tab and and now you can have the effect as a separate layer.
        Surrealismo
        https://www.facebook.com/surrrealismo

Comment

Thank you for the reply. I will contact the support team to get access and hopefully that will help my problem

Comment

Working...
          X