Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3dsMax 2017 - Backburner - Render Wrong Camera.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3dsMax 2017 - Backburner - Render Wrong Camera.

So when you submit cameras backburner renders whatever camera it feels like ? Has anyone else come across this issue and a fix ?

Does it happen on every scene?
    What are the V-Ray and BackBurner versions?
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Vray 3.5 and whatever version of backburner came with 3dsMax 2017.
      Imade the camera view max so the only viewport on screen and re submitted today and that overcame the issue.
      We have also seen rendering a cropped section, then retuirn to full view and it only renders the cropped section, unless close down and re open max.

Comment

3dsmax has a `view to render` dropdown in the main render window where you can `lock` the viewport to render and switch to another camera. Maybe if you have multiple cameras it`s set to another one ?

Comment

I've got the same problem today.
          I launch the rendering (Region rendering), and even if the camera listed in the backburner manager is the good one, it is not this camera which is rendered !!
          For the moment, the solution is going to be to render Sphere Fade with atmosph Sphere fade....

Comment

And i confirm, when i render region... It's not the good camera. With Guizmo fade, no problem, but need to render all the camera. Quicker with sphere fade... I don't know the reason of the bug.

Comment

try set all 3ds max viewports to that camera and see if it helps?
              Dmitry Vinnik
              Silhouette Images Inc.
              ShowReel:
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
              https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

There is some kind of bug here, not sure if it is max or vray but certainly have had the wrong view render a few times, despite not accidentally being on the wrong one. Which is super annoying, it would be awesome if vray could lock that down since it is probably a max bug.
                WerT
                www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

I know it's an old thread, but have anyone came up with a solution?

Comment

there were some issues with cameras from xref scenes a while back

Besides that, a prerender script could also be the culprit
                    Kind Regards,
                    Morne

Comment

Originally posted by Morne View Post
                      there were some issues with cameras from xref scenes a while back

Besides that, a prerender script could also be the culprit
                      Thanks for the reply. We don't use xrefs. What do you mean by prerender script? Something like Batch Camera Render script?

The weirdest thing about this bug is that in Backburner job details, all cameras are listed correctly, so it must be something wrong with Backburner not being able to switch to another camera. It looks like it renders from another viewport but with all properties (like scene state, image aspect) set correctly for each job.

Best regards,
                      Przemek

Comment

Working...
                      X