Render to Texture artefacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render to Texture artefacts

Hi, I'm using render to texture to prepare assets for a virtual set design. This is generally working brilliantly, but we keep encountering problems with artefacts appearing in the texture bake due to GI - I am assuming it's the GI, because rendering the GI, diffuse, lighting etc only shows the artefacts in the GI. I've tried increasing sampling, re-building the geometry, turning lights off and different GI types for primary and secondary bounces, but it's still there...but only on specific elements.

We are using Max 2017 with VRay3.60.03. There are lots of lights, both Vray and ies, as well as a Vray sun, and vray sky. Please help!!!
    Designs for TV...made with a lot of V-Ray.

www.lightwell.tv

Solved it myself now.

If anyone is coming up with similar issues, and is interested in the fix, in a "Hail Mary" act of desperation, I switched from millimeters to centimeters for the file units by merging the model from a mm Max file, to a cm Max file. I've wasted untold hours trying to solve this, but the artefacts have now gone, the renders are clean, and I can release these for broadcast.

Junior member?

www.lightwell.tv

Comment

Glad you solved the issue, but could you share the scene to support@chaosgroup.com so we can check if that's a bug or something else. Thanks!
      Miroslav Ivanov
      Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Sure...although I'm bound by an NDA and the file, plus maps is huge.

www.lightwell.tv

Comment

Working...
        X