Brick Textures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brick Textures

Just wondering what people do when texturing brickwork to avoid seams and repetition.

I bought Vizpark's Walls & Tiles a while back in a vain attempt to produce something entirely random with very little repetition. In theory it's great. You can turn off individual brick textures if they have too much contrast, say, or tweak the colours of each of the 20 or so brick textures included in each preset. The reality was that it was completely useless. I spent days tearing my hair out while the models I was working on got slower and slower or crashed so often I gave up, twice nearly missing deadlines. Any attempt for help on their forum was met with silence.

Needless to say, that's been removed and I'm now using textures I'm making or ones from Arroway and the like, but I'm never as happy as I'd like with the result, particularly when it's on a large development where that's the main texture.

Is there any advice out there on what I can do to improve my workflow?

Wrong forum! Can this be moved please? Apologies.

Comment

try mixing bercon tiles with multitexture (no repetition) with nice scanned brick textures. bricks themselves ate from bercon, mortar and mask from scanned textures.
      Marcin Piotrowski
      youtube

Comment

What problems do you have with Walls N Tiles?
        A.

---------------------
        www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Errors showing up with the Bercon Tile normal maps
          Constantly getting a message box telling me to upgrade the various components but then having to go through a process of working out which ones were up to date and which ones not. The automated program they added kept dropping licenses after upgrading.
          Terrible slow down of max to the point where it was unusable on larger scenes.

Comment

To be honest, I had the similar headaches with W&Ts and stopped using it a good while ago - for me, it's exactly as you describe it, so I've never reinstalled it onto my machine.

I just get by using the best textures I can find or make them up from scratch from bits I find on the net.

Jez

------------------------------------
            3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
            Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
            ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

Working...
            X