Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Downloaded new Benchmark 1.0.7...... and.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downloaded new Benchmark 1.0.7...... and.......

..... I had to press enter around 20 times to 'read' through the Eula Agreement ?

......then the Command Line Interface went ahead and tested both my CPU, then GPU, then immediately closed itself.......
    Last edited by JezUK; 20-01-2018, 06:30 AM.
    Jez

------------------------------------
    3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
    Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
    ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

exact same experience here. not sure how to check my performance against the rest?
    mark f.
    openrangeimaging.com

Max 2023.3.4 | Vray 6 update 2 | Win 10

Core i7 6950 | GeForce RTX 2060 | 64 G RAM

Comment

Me too. Maybe I'll try again when I have a chance to read through instructions...assuming there are some.
      Kind Regards,
      Richard Birket
      ----------------------------------->
      http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Comment

I just downloaded it, too and it seems there may be some kind of misunderstanding or mislabeling? It#s definitely commandline-only and not the GUI version as it was the last time. Or maybe one has to start the commandline version with a GUI parameter for ultimate confusion purposes?
        Software:
        Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
        3ds Max 2016 SP4
        V-Ray Adv 3.60.04

Hardware:
        Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3.40 GHz
        NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (4096MB RAM)
        64GB RAM

DxDiag

Comment

V-Ray Benchmarks, when used command-line, should be used with arguments according to your preferences. There are instructions in the docs - https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...mand-lineUsage
          Also - list of available options is presented with -help (or -h switch).
          Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Weird problems you seem to have, guys, it works fine here !
            Nicolas Caplat
            www.intangibles.fr

Comment

Sorry for the misconfusion! Currently default version is console one and we'll switch it to be GUI for Windows.
              You could download GUI version here: https://download.chaosgroup.com/down...alone-107-free

Comment

Yeah. I was confused as hell. Extremely long ULA, test running, closed on its own, uhhh.. did I just install something?

Comment

Would love a more user friendly way to dump this to a logfile, just appending the date and time and benchmark.

Would be good to be able to note when slaves have software or hardware issues that crop up.

Right now if you upload the benchmark to Chaos you see fractions of a second, but I can't see that fine detail anytime else - is there a local logfile?

PS: using this currently to output to file:

C:\Apps\vraybench_1.0.7_win_x64-cli.exe --quiet --mode=cpu > C:\Apps\output.txt
                  Last edited by davexl; 22-01-2018, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriander View Post
                    Yeah. I was confused as hell. Extremely long ULA, test running, closed on its own, uhhh.. did I just install something?
                    hm, GUI version should not close by itself. In what moment it closes?

Comment

Originally posted by davexl View Post
                      Would love a more user friendly way to dump this to a logfile, just appending the date and time and benchmark.

Would be good to be able to note when slaves have software or hardware issues that crop up.

Right now if you upload the benchmark to Chaos you see fractions of a second, but I can't see that fine detail anytime else - is there a local logfile?

PS: using this currently to output to file:

C:\Apps\vraybench_1.0.7_win_x64-cli.exe --quiet --mode=cpu > C:\Apps\output.txt
                      Here you could see more info about debugging:
                      https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...343#post833343

Basically you need to add "-debug=2" option and expect a log file in "%TEMP%/V-Ray Benchmark" folder.

Comment

Hi Varosi,

thanks for that, doesn't seem to work for me:

C:\Apps>C:\Apps\vraybench_1.0.7_win_x64-cli.exe --debug=2 --mode=cpu
                        Installer debug log file:
                        C:\Users\x\AppData\Local\Temp\installer_debug_2018 _01_25_13_12.log
                        [V-Ray Benchmark 1.0.7]
                        Unknown command line arguments:
                        debug

Comment

Working...
                        X