Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Standalone denoiser loose alpha and object id channel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standalone denoiser loose alpha and object id channel?

When I denoise an animation with the standalone denoiser I loose the alpha channel and the object id channel? Is there anyway to keep these?

Use Standalone Denoise tool which comes with V-Ray Next beta, it will keep all render elements after image denoising.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Ok thanks I'll check it out...

Comment

Originally posted by svetlozar.draganov View Post
        Use Standalone Denoise tool which comes with V-Ray Next beta, it will keep all render elements after image denoising.
        Does it denoise the elements as it does the RGB pass?

Comment

Originally posted by DanSHP View Post

Does it denoise the elements as it does the RGB pass?
          Current version doesn't have that option but the one in beta 2 will have it.
          User will have an option to specify which render element should be denoised and which shoudn't.
          This will be also available directly within 3dsMax.

Comment

Originally posted by svetlozar.draganov View Post

Current version doesn't have that option but the one in beta 2 will have it.
            User will have an option to specify which render element should be denoised and which shoudn't.
            This will be also available directly within 3dsMax.
            Ok thanks! When will beta 2 be released?
            I'm having to lower noise thresholds to really low levels to ensure I get a clean light select element for example but o9f course this can kill my render times.
            It would be much easier to use the standalone denoiser which cleans up RGB passes beautifully.

Is there a reason why the built in 3ds max/vray denoiser doesn't seem to work as well as the standalone?

Comment

Standalone and integrated denoiser should work in the exact same way.
              The only advantage of standalone version is that it can take into account neighbor frames when denoising sequence of frames which is obviously impossible during the actual rendering.

Make sure that you are using the same settings in both denoisers and if you still have a difference please provide scene,render output and denoiser settings for investigation.

Comment

What are the default denoise settings for both the Standalone and Integrated? Are they identical? Not at my desk at the minute so cant check myself sorry, though I'm eager to know!

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X