Difference in VrayIlluminance between 3dsmax and standalone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference in VrayIlluminance between 3dsmax and standalone

I am trying to set up some lighting calculations with v-ray standalone. Therefore I was creating a simple test scene to test the setup, but i am seeing a large difference
    in lux levels in the illuminance element between rendering in 3dsmax and rendering with export vrscene and render.

The scene is now a simple v-ray plane light of a 2000 lumen illuminating a plane to which the camera is looking. In 3dsmax the lux levels are peaking at about 70, this looks
    correct, while rendering with standalone only gives values of about 0.05.

Am i doing something wrong, or is there a bug/different interpretation somewhere?

See attached max file.

Thanks,

Chris.
    Attached Files

Sorry i posted in the wrong forum, should be in 3dsmax, not Maya. [moderator? please move it or delete it then i will repost in 3dsmax]
    Last edited by sirchris; 21-04-2018, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the pointer. I've logged it in the bug tracker and will update the thread when there's something new to share.
      Miroslav Ivanov
      Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Hi there,
        sorry to crash this post, but we're trying to build a small renderfarm based on linux systems, and noticed a quite big brightness diffenrence mainly in light reflections between vray for max and the standalone version. Maybe same problem here? If so any news on that?
        I've attached the VRayScene file and log just in case..

Best regards
        Jonas
        Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
        www.shack.de

Comment

Working...
        X