No announcement yet.

V-Ray NEXT Interiors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vray is having to sample the over bright pixels which is causing longer render times. Seems to me this is down to incorrect camera exposure settings.

From what I understand bobby, you like to control exposure/white points in post. This is why you'd want to get it right in max!

Comment

Hmm... I'll have to work on my workflow. I usually add my HDRI, expose for that with pretty realistic camera settings and I add interior lights as needed.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com
      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

What were the original exposure settings in this one I wonder. And did anyone try the autoexposure succesfully? If it rendered almost black, doesn't that mean the light sources aren't well balanced?
        A.

---------------------
        www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

I have had autoexposure work well and other times not at all. On this one, I turned off all the lights, added a V-Ray Sun/Sky and did an auto exposure, but it rendered almost black.
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

OK I'm done playing, there are things that could be improved (as always)

42 minutes final render time.

The other reason for the slowdown was plenty of overly complicated and in some cases poorly set up shaders.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Swann Warehouse 318_redo05.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	977.5 KB
ID:	999774

Comment

Originally posted by hoppergrass View Post
              OK I'm done playing, there are things that could be improved (as always)

42 minutes final render time.

The other reason for the slowdown was plenty of overly complicated and in some cases poorly set up shaders.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Swann Warehouse 318_redo05.jpg Views:	1 Size:	977.5 KB ID:	999774
              Looks really good! What materials were bad? Most all the shaders were SigerShaders and ones that came with the models I purchased. I did just update my PC with the first update since Microsoft's Spring update and rendered it out again. It cleaned up pretty good in less than an hour. I knew something was terribly wrong when an hour exterior took 14 hours and nothing was changed except Microsoft's Spring Update and V-Ray NEXT. Again, Microsoft wonked up my computer, which cost me a solid week of productivity.
              Bobby Parker
              www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
              • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

A few things like using Vraylight material for the filaments and LED displays on the oven, even the down lighters. These aren't providing any significant lighting to the scene and are more for visual effect, so there is no need for these to actually emit light samples, especially because there are actual lights ti illuminate the scene.

Many blend materials for objects that are so small that you'd never notice the complex reflections.
                Interesting use of Phong and falloff reflection maps combined with Fresnel ticked on.
                And a few other that I cant think of right now.

I have never used SigerShaders so I cant comment of them other than it seems to often come up on the forums as a source of issues. Evermotion is notorious for overly complex shaders, or outdated methods (pre vray3.2) where newer PBR workflows offer better results that render quicker and are simpler to set up.

There are a few shaders I'm not happy with, like the dark grey fabric on the couch and there is something funky going on with the glass table edges. The black metal could be better too. I got bored and gave up by the time I got the the pine cones in the foreground so they are just a plain flat colour

Comment

Working...
                X