Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VRay NEXT - no Low Thread Priority, computer gets frozen during rendering.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PIXELBOX_SRO View Post
    Whats the correct environment variable string then please? Somehow it dod not work for me thw last time i set it up. Thanks!
    oh and does this apply to situatuon when spawner is ran on my machine for dr session?

VRAY_NUM_THREADS

I set mine to just one thread less than my total and am very happy with that (and that's all I did, I didn't touch Affinity etc).
    Jez

------------------------------------
    3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
    Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
    ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

oh and does this apply to situatuon when spawner is ran on my machine for dr session?
      It depends on how you are starting your VRaySpawner and where you've set the environment variable. If you run VRaySpawner manually the environment variable will always apply. If you run VRaySpawner as a service - you must set the environment variable for the user that starts the service or set it as a System variable (that way it will affect all users).
      Also VRaySpawner has a command line option "numthreads" (f.e -numthreads=31) that can be used to set the number of threads only for the spawner.
      Yavor Rubenov
      V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

thanks Yavor, will give it a try!
        Martin
        http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

It would be handy to have a "reserve threads" option where you could enter how many to ignore and it would be relative to the current users thread count plus it would be ignored, or have an option, to ignore this option on a slave since its already lowered priority on the slave

Used to use this alot years ago, if I recall it was sticky to the file or the machine?
          "It's the rebels sir....They're here..."

Comment

This works perfect. I set num to 63 instead of 64 and thereĀ“s no lag at all I I could not reach the variables through the startmenu / search. I rightklick on " this computer" and choose advanced system settings and environment at the bottom instead

Comment

Working...
            X