VrayNext VrayEnvironmentFog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayNext VrayEnvironmentFog

I notice GPU does not recognize noice map in fog density slot. Is that something that will be included any time soon?

I'll second this. Maps are not working. I'm currently trying to make a sponge effect. Maybe already implemented in Nightlies?
    Last edited by LeePuznowski; 03-08-2018, 02:09 AM.

Comment

While on the fog subject, I noticed that the fog does not respond to vray light materials on objects, is this correct?

Comment

Can a dev confirm this and if so, whether or not there is a work-around? Thanks

Comment

Mapped env fog is not supported in V-Ray GPU.
          We will add support for mapped channels of VolumeGrid, so this will be doable with procedural textures. Until than, you can use real simulation and VolumeGrid.

Not sure about the lightmtl having no effect on the objects. Can you show an example?

Best,
          Blago.
          V-Ray fan.
          Looking busy around GPUs ...
          RTX ON

Comment

I may have miss-worded that a bit, "meant to say objects with lightmtl are not affecting fog". I will find the scene and get you an example, unless I did something stupid like leaving the fog container on in the scene when I rendered.

Comment

Make sure to have "scatter gi" when you are testing the light mtl.

Best,
              Blago.
              V-Ray fan.
              Looking busy around GPUs ...
              RTX ON

Comment

OK Blago, please keep us informed when this has been implemented (whether stable or nightlies) I'll have to find a different solution until then. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X