No announcement yet.

V-Ray 5 CPU RenderGlobalContext camera matrices translation row is always 0,0,0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray 5 CPU RenderGlobalContext camera matrices translation row is always 0,0,0

The RenderGlobalContext::camToWorld and RenderGlobalContext::worldToCam matrix variables have changed in V-Ray 5 CPU. The translation part now is always 0,0,0.
    • I notice this in the RenderGlobalContex that is provided as notification parameter in the system notifications NOTIFY_POST_RENDERFRAME
    • tested using V-Ray 5 Hotfix 2 CPU (5.00.06 build 30453) on max 2021
    • tested both a standard 3ds max Free and a VRayPhysicalCamera
    • V-Ray GPU translation row is correct (and all other matrix values are identical)!
    So the matrices do not work as expected anymore and can not be used to transform from world space to camera space or back. This breaks:
    • psd-manager 5 camera export. - as a result my PSD Camera import plugin in After Effects will position the camera always at 0,0,0.
    • 3ds Max built-in RPF file export - as a result the After Effects built-in RPF Camera import will import the camera at location 0,0,0.
    The matrix data did work as expected in V-Ray Next and all V-Ray versions before it.

As a workaround I can use RenderGlobalContext::GetViewParams()->affineTM in psd-manager in the future but I this is likely to be used in other plugins as the RPF issue shows.

Daniel
    Daniel Schmidt - Developer of psd-manager

Hello,

Sorry for the delayed reply.
    The matrices are indeed zeroed there for some internal reasons. For now the workaround should do it while we think about some workaround.

Best regards,
    Yavor
    Yavor Rubenov
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Working...
    X