• Time
  • Show
Clear All

vlado Any progress on this ?
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Can you please try setting VrayHDRI's "Interpolation" = "Bilinear" and blur set to the minimum. It should give you the same result as VRayBmpFilter.
      Last edited by matanov; 10-11-2020, 01:28 AM.
      If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
      Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by slizer View Post
        Can you please try setting VrayHDRI's "Interpolation" = "Bilinear" and blur set to the minimum. It should give you the same result as VRayBmpFilter.
        Hi Peter. Unfortunately no. You can see a side by side comparisson in below screenshot (left is bitmap with proposed settings - right is BmpFilter, which is crisp)

Edit: the result in viewport from BMPfilter is as if you would look at the image with full resolution.
        Last edited by Vizioen; 10-11-2020, 05:21 AM.
        A.

---------------------
        www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Can you try increasing this resolution of Baked and Texture Maps -

Click image for larger version  Name:	chrome_qbB8UgiDeQ.png Views:	0 Size:	17.1 KB ID:	1091448

VRayBmpFilter was ignoring that so we might just add an option for VRayBitmap for such cases?
          Last edited by matanov; 10-11-2020, 06:41 AM.

Peter Matanov
          Chaos

Comment

Hi Peter,

That was the whole point, so we didn't have to fiddle with these settings as they apply to the whole scene. If I want to add a google map underlay to the project, all the other textures are displayed in a higher resolution as well and slows down the whole scene. When I set the Maximum resolution to that of the bitmap it displays more or less the same. If there would be an option in the bitmap, for instance: ignore viewport resolution. That would be great.
            A.

---------------------
            www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

So, no problem with displacements? (i mean, via blur reduction)
              Lele
              Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
              ----------------------
              emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
              The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by Vizioen View Post
                Hi Peter,

That was the whole point, so we didn't have to fiddle with these settings as they apply to the whole scene. If I want to add a google map underlay to the project, all the other textures are displayed in a higher resolution as well and slows down the whole scene. When I set the Maximum resolution to that of the bitmap it displays more or less the same. If there would be an option in the bitmap, for instance: ignore viewport resolution. That would be great.
                Hey Ashley,

The new option is added in the nightly builds, you'll all see it officially in Update 1 (scheduled for Q1 2021). If you need it before that, we will merge it in the stable nightlies.

Peter Matanov
                Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by slizer View Post

Hey Ashley,

The new option is added in the nightly builds, you'll all see it officially in Update 1 (scheduled for Q1 2021). If you need it before that, we will merge it in the stable nightlies.
                  Great! Thank you Peter and Chaosteam. As usual great job listening to your users. Very grateful.
                  A.

---------------------
                  www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Ashley, is the vrayBitmap fine besides resolution in viewport (which has been addressed)?
                    That is, when used as displacement map does it do what you expect it to when you set it up as Peter mentioned?
                    I'm asking as a check, as i am testing it against a bmpFilter map (special build), but synthetic tests only take me so far, and my opinion of a good displacement result may be different from that of actual users.
                    Lele
                    ----------------------

Disclaimer:
                    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
                      Ashley, is the vrayBitmap fine besides resolution in viewport (which has been addressed)?
                      That is, when used as displacement map does it do what you expect it to when you set it up as Peter mentioned?
                      I'm asking as a check, as i am testing it against a bmpFilter map (special build), but synthetic tests only take me so far, and my opinion of a good displacement result may be different from that of actual users.
                      Hi Lele, I always use VrayBitmap as the map for the VrayDisplacementMod, or are you refering to the displace modifier? It does exactly what it needs to do, I didn't notice any changes with VrayHDRI, or maybe I'm misinterpreting your question?
                      A.

---------------------
                      www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

I meant changes from vrayBmpFilter.
                        There used to be grumblings when that map disappeared because of the unwanted filtering the VRayHDRI did at the time, but they have since been fixed.
                        I wanted to verify you had no issues, so to put the matter at rest, or ask for it to be dug out to be changed somewhat as needed.
                        It's good if you're good, though, thank you!
                        Lele
                        ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Working...
                        X