Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable the accurate preview of distance tex in the material editor

Hi folks!

The distance tex is a little dumber but sometimes better to use than the dirt tex for doing edge blending between objects but in some high poly scenes, if I add a lot of objects into it's source list, I can be waiting minutes. Is there any way to make a simpler preview so that it doesn't lock up max as much? The shaderball preview isn't really that useful in terms of getting final settings regardless so it'd be nice to not take the calculation hit!

Cheers,

John

Hello,

What is your Max and V-Ray version ? We've changed the distance tex preview to some simple geometry (cube) quite some time ago - I think for the first V-Ray Next release. So the material preview shouldn't depend on the geometry..

Click image for larger version

Name:	dist_tex.png
Views:	139
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	1059265

Best regards,
    Yavor
    Yavor Rubenov
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Max 2016 sp4 and vray next update 3 in my case!

Comment

Could you send a scene where the slowdown occurs to support@chaosgroup.com so we can have a look? It's possible that the slowdown occurs in a specific material and texture setup or in other specific use cases.
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I made a terrible scene and the lovely Dave Wortley from our office has sent it over, I'll try the same thing again on my home setup and it get it up here!

Comment

Originally posted by joconnell View Post
            I made a terrible scene and the lovely Dave Wortley from our office has sent it over
            Chripes, run for the hills! ^^
            Lele
            Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
            ----------------------
            emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
            The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Beware the withering comments

Comment

Working...
              X