AutoExposure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AutoExposure

I would like to have some energy/light values exposed in the GI calc, maybe lowest value, highest value and an average so that color mapping could be adjusted accordingly. Idealy I would like a callback after the GI calc to allow the colormapping to be changed inbetween the calc and the final render. Be coolest if V-Ray would have something like this built in.
    Eric Boer
    Dev

A couple of weeks ago we put together some ideas and concepts together to do something like this. Hopefully we can get started on it soon and get some feedback from Vlado. It would be a plugin for Vray 1.5.
    Best regards,

Corey Rubadue
    Director

Chaos Group

Comment

why not add a color mapping or curve thing to something like the irradiance map viewer

---------------------------------------------------
      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

hey corey this is great news... i see more and more people writing extensions for vray now. Would be a great development if some of them find their way into vray at some point. (still waiting for ca scanline to release at least one of their cool tools [3D Implicit Micro Confinement would be a Killer Feature] - I would pay for that! With all those new stuff coming up, the chaos guys have to review the code and make speed adjustments if needed. They also have to make sure the things are working well with everything else.
        Let's hope this trend speeds up the development of Vray even further.

Please guys, keep up the custom Vray coding!
        Sascha Geddert
        www.geddart.de

Comment

Geddart,

I agree that the development is exciting. The first question is if Vlado and the gang can support such outside development. We are in progess with several other in-house (maybe public at one point) vray plug-ins. Teh second question is if the people that are developing the extensions or plugins are ready to support what has been developed. The last thing our studio wants to do is cause any delay what so ever to 1.5 with a rock solid SDK getting to the public.
          Best regards,

Corey Rubadue
          Director

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
          X