Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tdugard View Post
    This is an IT problem.
    The one i mention is a deliberate pipeline choice.
    Writing access is restricted when the company size is big enough to warrant it: LnR only ever needs image outputs, and is treated as such.
    Heavens forbid a texture shared by 30 shots is modified by a green junior shot assembler to suit a specific need in one camera view.
    Not having reading access of asset folders is a IT issue, on that we agree.
    Last edited by ^Lele^; 23-07-2022, 02:45 AM.
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

So you tell me because of some big structures that can easily force users to not use this autotx feature (if this breaks there user permissions, so they can continue as they used to work before), the feature can't be included for all of those archviz artists, freelancers, small/mid studio ?

Providing a way to change the path can also be a way for those light and render artist to output those tx in the same folder as their render (or scene) or for the IT dep to manage the way those tx are stored.

Comment

Originally posted by tdugard View Post
        So you tell me because of some big structures that can easily force users to not use this autotx feature (if this breaks there user permissions, so they can continue as they used to work before), the feature can't be included for all of those archviz artists, freelancers, small/mid studio ?
        I would be doing a poor job if i didn't think of the workflow issues arising for *all* our users.
        Nowhere i said nothing would be done, however, and the scripts i already provided over the years to the same effect are proof of it.
        My gripe is with a universal method, that i believe isn't feasible, unless we're prepared to pass on a number of logical conundrums.
        My opinion, and the factual reasons behind it, only counts for one vote, in case, and not a decisive one.

Providing a way to change the path can also be a way for those light and render artist to output those tx in the same folder as their render (or scene) or for the IT dep to manage the way those tx are stored.
        You keep calling IT what is in fact primary Pipeline territory: we can agree to disagree.
        This for me is when "writing for the real world" gets complicated quickly.
        Lele
        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
        ----------------------
        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

You keep calling IT what is in fact primary Pipeline territory
          For me IT dpt and Pipeline Dpt works together when it concerns folders/users permissions.

I would be doing a poor job if i didn't think of the workflow issues arising for *all* our users.
          I am not saying you're doing a poor job, you've always been a great asset to the vray community.

When you update something it's always impacting all the users, but it doesn't mean that all users will use that feature if its optionnal (i'm not saying you have to put it on by default). But when i see that other renderers are doing it since a long time and its a great feature for many vray users i am just asking why we can't have it since i've done several studio where people asked me about this over and over.

Comment

Working...
          X