No announcement yet.

Colorcorrection Node for maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something I use a lot which i've not seen in any of these is an inverse-burn curve.
    When rendering with reinhard at .3 for example and a self illuminated image, it needs a curve to do the opposite of what the .3 burn is doing to pop its range out, so that when the .3 burn is applied it looks the same as it does with everything turned off.
    right now I match it by eye and have a couple preset maps I swap the images out depending if its .3 or .5, but an invert burn checkbox where you enter the burn value in use would be a great addition to a color correct map.

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
      I do like how they allow for a reference to another map though, that's super clever, workflow-wise.
      Is that whereby you can control multiple colorcorrect nodes with a single 'master' one?
      e: info@adriandenne.com
      w: www.adriandenne.com

Comment

Originally posted by francomanko View Post
        Is that whereby you can control multiple colorcorrect nodes with a single 'master' one?
        yep, i think so. One removed from a direct instancing.
        Neilg rabbit hole.
        It's ok for Reihnard, but users would definitely ask for more latitude ("i use this LUT, need to enter it into the CC map to invert it"), and that is where it gets tricky, because not all LUTs are invertible.
        Surely worth thinking about, but it's likely much better if one was doing this stuff before feeding the textures to the renderer, where possible, so to ensure the inversion is done properly.
        Lele
        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
        ----------------------
        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
        X