Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please reinstate the "Render Last" button on the VFB.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please reinstate the "Render Last" button on the VFB.

That button, the Render Last button on the VFB was the most useful button EVER on the VFB and you've gotten rid of it.......

That is such a backward step.

Please, please, please reinstate that button - it REALLY makes a big difference when I'm rendering and I simply want to render the last view. I am wasting a LOT of time accidentally rendering views I'm NOT interested in.

Please let's not have a repeat of the Bump and Diffuse channels fiasco where things gotten moved for no good reason and then put back after enough people complained.

Thank you.
    Jez

------------------------------------
    3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
    Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
    ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

I don't agree, I found it really annoying, I'm finally rendering correct views. You can always use F9 which is the Render Last shortcut.
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Well then just return the Render Last button back and everyone is happy - there is a ton of space on that top right hand side to include a Render Last button within that cluster of buttons already there.

I don't think it should be a case of either or.

I don't have function keys easily accessible on my keyboard, and I almost never use function keys anyway. Plus I don't have a ton of screen space, things get hidden. So I just want to render the LAST render.
      Last edited by JezUK; 02-03-2021, 02:14 AM.
      Jez

3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE

Comment

We can add a shift+click for that button to work as "render last" and you still have the F9 key. I really don't want to add more buttons

Also it's very strange for the only render button in the VFB to work as something that is not actually the sole command of "Render".
        If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
        Chaos

Comment

Hi Peter,

Please add the render last function, it really was my most favourite button in the whole if vray and worked a treat.

If it has to be as a shift click then that is better than nothing.. Thank yiu.

PS loving my upgrade to 5 from Next and now 5.1 is just amazing.
          Jez

Comment

come on! there is even a dropdown from "Render" button to pick the right cam if you are not using "lock view to render".
            Marcin Piotrowski
            youtube

Comment

I know there is but we all have our ways of working and this new way for me is a backward step. Please respect that I have had something removed from vray that I really, really appreciated for a very long time.

Shift-click will work for me Peter. Thank you.
              Jez

Comment

Originally posted by JezUK View Post
                I know there is but we all have our ways of working and this new way for me is a backward step. Please respect that I have had something removed from vray that I really, really appreciated for a very long time.

Shift-click will work for me Peter. Thank you.
                You're right. but there is simple F9 solution here (lets not start on weird keyboards..) and much more pressing feature requests.
                even 15 minutes of dev time spent on this feels like a waste for me. respectfully.
                Marcin Piotrowski
                youtube

Comment

Originally posted by piotrus3333 View Post

You're right. but there is simple F9 solution here (lets not start on weird keyboards..) and much more pressing feature requests.
                  even 15 minutes of dev time spent on this feels like a waste for me. respectfully.
                  Kind of right, but sometimes little things bring more joy in the workflow than big features

A little reminder that this thing exists - https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...eature-ideas-2
                  If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
                  Chaos

Comment

I also hate changes. muscle memory lingers on for weeks and weeks sometimes so I get that.
                    but I recently switched to GPU (archviz) and there is this touchy "affect all channels" for refractions issue..
                    so I might be a bit harsh on owners of certain keyboards, heh.

I'm aware of "New feature ideas" - great initiative.
                    already left a few likes there.
                    Marcin Piotrowski
                    youtube

Comment

Originally posted by slizer View Post

Kind of right, but sometimes little things bring more joy in the workflow than big features
                      Thanks Peter, I appreciate your words.
                      Last edited by JezUK; 08-03-2021, 06:42 AM.
                      Jez

Comment

Working...
                      X