Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aerial Perspective Controls

Hi there,

Would it be possible to add a control for Aerial Perspective to adjust the bias of the starting position of the fog ?

Right now it is linear starting from the camera point towards the visibility range end.

But, MOST of the times we need a more clear area in the foreground and having the heavier fog applied mostly to the background area.
    I believe a bias control to offset the start or the fog away from the camera, towards the end range would be more than enough.

Is this something doable within this tool ?

Thanks,
    Greg
    Last edited by GregoryVFX; 22-07-2022, 09:37 AM.

Hi thank you for posting. This could be a nice upgrade, we will consider adding it. I have logged it in our system as feature request under VMAX-12415.
    Last edited by vladimir_krastev; 22-07-2022, 05:11 AM.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thank you, hope you get this shorted out soon, as its kind-of important...
      Appreciated...

Comment

I second this idea. I've been thinking the same think. Often I need foreground to be crystal clear but want to control how much of background is showing thru the fog. Ideally, it should be controlled by function curve which should control density or opacity

Z

Comment

I think this is more or less what I am proposing here: https://forums.chaos.com/forum/v-ray...t-and-distance
          James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
          Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

Yeah, indeed it is!
            Hope the devs get these controls in asap.

Comment

In short, it's like the fog of vantage.
              You can also increase the opacity option
              Consider allowing maps? Not just color

Comment

Working...
              X