Vraydisplacement mod shouldwork with the Vrayenmesh mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vraydisplacement mod shouldwork with the Vrayenmesh mod

I was sad to see I could not combined the displacement of vray with the enmesh... I have to use the crappy 3dsmax displacement modifier to make it work ..and it<s heavy at render time because of that.

Also it don't work properly with opacity map

Comment

Enmesh itself is a cousin of 2D displacement under the hood, so having displacement on top of other displacement might not be possible.

The opacity problem is fixed for the upcoming Update 1.
      If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
      Chaos

Comment

It also don't work correctly when u use ID for material. so let's say the arms are ID 2 and the torso is ID 1, then it will apply ID one all over when using Enmesh...

Comment

for the displacement, then can we create a displacement slot into that vrayenmesh that would displace first the geometry with the map I apply ,then on top of it it then render enmesh ? cause right now, I have to put in the meshsmooth modifier 5 at subdivision render time and use the displacement of 3ds max below the Enmesh and it work's. Wich mean it would be possible to have it work in vray. It just needs to be coded as a layering thing ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigguns View Post
            It also don't work correctly when u use ID for material. so let's say the arms are ID 2 and the torso is ID 1, then it will apply ID one all over when using Enmesh...
            Have you unchecked "Use mesh IDs"?

Click image for larger version

Name:	3dsmax_xlVCenOGK6.png
Views:	95
Size:	434.5 KB
ID:	1171573
            If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
            Chaos

Comment

Working...
            X