Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change Vray IPR "refresh" button to "reload". Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change Vray IPR "refresh" button to "reload". Thoughts?

I've never understood exactly what the IPR Refresh button is supposed to do. The doc's say that it is supposed to restart the rendering but why would this need to be pressed as it seems like most things I do do trigger a refresh (materials changes, camera movements, etc). Sometimes though I'll be using IPR only to have changes made in max not be reflected in the IPR image. Fair enough, as I can understand that some things might not trigger a refresh. So I press the "refresh" button thinking that it's going to magically see all of these changes only to be disappointed (it never does at least in my workflow). Again, fair enough, as I understand that somethings need to be cached and loaded into memory at the start of IPR. So I stop the IPR rendering, wait for it to unload anything in memory (which could take a while sometimes) and then press the IPR button again. I'd really like the IPR button to actually reload the scene from scratch (which I seem to do a lot) rather than just "refresh" it (which I never seem to actually need to do). Maybe something like the Shift-Click forces a full reload while a regular click keeps the same Refresh functionality.

Am I using this wrong?
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

I have to agree, that button doesn't do much, most of the time i have to fully pause IPR and restart it to see the changes. It would be great if it actually did a proper reload of everything.

Comment

Originally posted by mori4h View Post
      I have to agree, that button doesn't do much, most of the time i have to fully pause IPR and restart it to see the changes. It would be great if it actually did a proper reload of everything.
      Yes please! It needs to reload things like displacement changes and light exclusions, which are both ignored, at least in 6.0.x

Comment

Working...
      X