Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 wishes...mainly when creating vegetation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 wishes...mainly when creating vegetation...

Hello

This are my main wishes when creating vegetation:

- Fast translucency like "translucent shader" or "backlight" (a must for leaves)
    - Distribution maps in VrayFur (eventualy maps that could control other properties)
    - See the "transparency" bug when exporting to RPF fixed (I think refraction works but I don't think it is fast as transparency)

Thanks

Well, for your first one, a fast SSS map is in the works.

For the last one, I've found that if you included the real color gbuffer (and check the color channel in the rpf save) you can extract that in combustion and use it and it wont have those nasty bright opactiy stuff.

Comment

Hello
      Do you think fast SSS would work fast on tree leaves??
      Remember that leaves are not volumes!! Isn't SSS meant to be used with volumes?? I have a felling this would be to much to be used in leaves.

As for the RPF bug...I'm a newbie to combustion but...have messed a little with "real color" channel but couldn't manage to recreate the final image because of aliasing problems? How is this "real color" channel supposed to be used??

Thanks

Comment

sss works fine with planar objects, doesn't have to be a volume.

as for the real color channel, I found that when I included unclamped color i was able to just "show gbuffer" in combustion and use that instead of the screwed up rgb

damn speedtree....

Comment

Working...
        X