Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray fb improvements

Hi all,

We posted this some time ago, so some of the thougts we had are allready on the way (for example the nondestructive vray framestamp), but there are still other ideas that would improve the vrfb a lot i think.

And as we all know, vlado and peter do listen very well to us, so if you guy´s do like our ideas, just tell it. Maybe this would lead to a better vray as it allready is.

I post only an immage now. the whole idea is described in detail in the pdf, you can download from my website. http://www.tom-schuelke.com/vrfb/vrfb.pdf

all ideas in one immage. You want to know what this means ? just read the pdf !

Tom

tom, i like what your doing here.
    Any chance of an explanation of the "new" features?
    Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Hi Jaksc02

did you look at the Pdf ? most parts are explained in there. Its worth reading it.

well those ideas came when we first saw the new vrfb. it is a mix of a renderhistory saved in an advanced vray immage format, where all the passes , g-buffer things, lightcache pass i-map pass and so on are stilll present also when your immage allready was saved. this together with an immagehistory, would give the freedom to compare whatever part of an immage (in the renderhistory) with each and every other part, you want. also distributed and vraylog all compact in this in the vramebuffertools, that you can open with the yellow double arrow button ...

only throw the part of the immage with drag and drop on the green and red buttons and you will find it in the improved framebuffer (green and red on the top of the framebuffer indicates what you see, and also in the renderhistory, the parts in the framebuffer get those collors. also on top you see a name for what is there in the vrfb). As you can see, two lines can be draged to compare the immageparts also better.

all compact in the vray console on the right that you also can turn on from the vray framebuffer. there are also the distributed tab, and so on. Distributed would give you a way to recalculate parts of the immage from special renderservers, stop single server, restart them (yes i know it is only a dream right now to do so .. )

well all this is described in the pdf. Its a lot of stuff, but i think its worth reading it. because we realy thought a lot of an ideal workflow, and most things are allready in there in the vray framebuffer (the framestamp now allready is realised).

another advantage would be, vlado and peter could realise this step by step. its not so much a new technology but only a better interface. should be easy from the technical point of view. Only the idea of an vray immageformat that also saves the "Renderhistory" would be new. But for projects to switch forward and back, this could be nice.

SO ALL OF YOU .... VOTE FOR THIS...

Comment

well you have my vote.
        It would add a lot depth to the vray FB.
        Chris Jackson
        Shiftmedia
        www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

I would like some sort of render history. Kinda like how Maya does it, you can just scroll through the previous renders and delete the ones you want to delete. All that with out having to open up another tool or another box, just right there in the standard buffer.
          www.DanielBuck.net - www.My46Willys.com - www.33Chevy.net - www.DNSFail.com

Comment

Hi Buck thats nearly allready there in our suggestion

look at the top of the vrfb there are on top two arrows that allow you directly to scroll or jump throug your last renderhistory....

but on top you can load older immages or "archives" if needed.

Tom

Comment

Hey Tom... these are great... but it is a lot, IMHO. Maybe as users we can vote on level of importance. While I'd like to see them all as they would be very useful to us in general, this would be how I would vote if they did anything like this:

1- Render History
              2- Exposure Control (Please include Monitor LUTs such as sRGB)
              3- A|B Slider
              4- Distributed rendering
              5- Debug
              6- Layer Manager

Comment

Tom this is some intense stuff. I would vote for color correction and layaers for sure. If vray could uoutput layers like max's native passes that would be a great advantage.
                Dmitry Vinnik
                Silhouette Images Inc.
                ShowReel:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
                https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

actually Vray CAN output layers... I am sure youy know that. Are you talking about something else?

Comment

yes, gbuffer has limitiations big time. For example it can only output speculars and other effects bound by vray mat only. But often I dont use vray mat. I try to, but its just lacking features. So raytrace mat comes in handy. That is greatly unsupported by vray in general, not to mention gbuffer. Things of that nature.
                    Dmitry Vinnik
                    Silhouette Images Inc.
                    ShowReel:
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
                    https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Hi

Well these ideas are right now about half a year ore more old. I agree with you. its a lot stuff. but we wanted to make it a big step. We also had other ideas more advanced, but not so realistic, and at last, these ideas are rather workflow improvements but real technical improvements (exept the renderhistory i think ).

What i could immagine, you all (if you like ) , can grab the immages and change them, make suggestions. Maybe we can get to better solution.

He cpnichols.

I like your idea of a debugging part .

Hi Morbid Angel,
                      Did you read the pdf ? , what do you think of our g-buffer and renderelements solution ? You select the G-buffer elements and Renderelements, they appear in the list. All of them you select, will be availaible in the Layermanager tab of our vrfb-tools. but only those, you set the save option get saved (in what ever format and path you choose).
                      of course after reopening a vray immage in the layermanager, you can save them too to wherever you want.

I you´ve got good ideas that we didnt think of, tell them. I am surre, we can help a lot to improve this allready exiting software.

I think one advantage of this userinterface is, it could be implemented rather step by step.

so my list would be right now:

1. renderhistory
                      2. Layer manager
                      3. Distributed
                      4. AB Slider
                      5. Exposure
                      6. Debug

Comment

Great ideas!!!!!!!!!

My vote:

1. Layer
                        2. Exposure
                        3. Distributed
                        5. History
                        4. Slider
                        6. Debug

Comment

He he

So now Vlado... Whats your Vote

Tom

Comment

Wow,wonderful ideas! I really, really hope these get implemented! I would love to save out to a Combustion workspace. That would rock!

My vote would be:

exposure (Please include Monitor LUTs such as sRGB) like cpnichols said!
                            layer manager
                            render history
                            distributed
                            a/b slider
                            debug
                            rpc212
                            - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

Output to PSD layers and Combustion workspace- fantastic. We'd pay for that functionality alone.
                              www.meetup.com/3DLondon

Comment

Working...
                              X