Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irrad & Light Calc Phases

Hi guys,

Any chance this could be plugged back in to work? Currently it's not supported when rendering to fields, it would pretty useful if it was.

Maybe there is a technical reason it isn't?

Thanks,

Jason
    AMD Threadripper 3990x 64C Processor, 128 GB DDR4-3200 Ram, 48 GB PNY Quadro RTX A6000, ​Windows Pro 10.0.19045, 3dsmax 2024 SP3, Vray 6 Update 2.1, Vantage 2.3.0​

Originally posted by luckett_jason@hotmail.com View Post
    Hi guys,
    Any chance this could be plugged back in to work? Currently it's not supported when rendering to fields, it would pretty useful if it was.
    Maybe there is a technical reason it isn't?
    I don't think V-Ray ever supported LC or irmap when rendering to fields.

But what are you rendering to fields, in 2023? Is it still a thing? And what for, if it is?
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Hi ^Lele^, my bad it's the phrasing under the help documentation for Vray Light Cache Calc Phase or Irrad Cache Calc Phase, yes ignore the fields thing.

I was just wondering why the Calc Phase of either IM or LC doesn't get shown anymore under bucket rendering, probably a technical reason with the VFB?

Thanks and apologies for the fields thing!

Jason
      AMD Threadripper 3990x 64C Processor, 128 GB DDR4-3200 Ram, 48 GB PNY Quadro RTX A6000, ​Windows Pro 10.0.19045, 3dsmax 2024 SP3, Vray 6 Update 2.1, Vantage 2.3.0​

Comment

They are shown for me.
        If you have a back2beauty RE, the VFB may switch source at render start to show you the composite, so you don't see the calc phases.
        If this is the case, simply switch the source to RGB.
        Lele
        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
        ----------------------
        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
        X