Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera Feature for VrayDecal

Dear Chaos,
    I have a big 3D ground setup [consisting of 3300 tiling vrayproxy's [and 3300 materials] ].
    I'm using a VrayDecal to project a parking lot [Is a test for now], which is working just fine.
    Downside is it's difficult to make an EXACT match with the ground textures, especially the scale.
    It would be nice to render the EXACT projection of the decal to be used in Photoshop to make the Decal texture.
    So, Is it possible to get an camera option in the viewport to see the decal projection [See attachment].
    As already available for lights,....

see attachment
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PrintscreenVrayDecal.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	1198228
    Attached Files

Hi, thanks for posting.

It would be nice to render the EXACT projection of the decal to be used in Photoshop to make the Decal texture
    Could you explain a bit further? You are rendering a projection of a terrain with Decal and later you are adding the parking in photoshop. Is this correct?

Is it possible to get an camera option in the viewport to see the decal projection [See attachment].
    As already available for lights,....​
    If you need to look through the Decal you could align a camera to it.

Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Vladimir,
      Could you explain a bit further? You are rendering a projection of a terrain with Decal and later you are adding the parking in photoshop. Is this correct?
      Yes, Im rendering the projection and then adding the parking lot in Photoshop.

If you need to look through the Decal you could align a camera to it.
      Yes I know but there's gonna be a lot of camera's [and parking lots, and so forth] in this scene,.. so I kinda dont wanna make extra camera's for this....[if it was one or two I wouldn't even post this]

tnx for the quick reply!
      greetz Chris
      Last edited by Lindhout; 20-12-2023, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Hi,
        there's gonna be a lot of camera's [and parking lots, and so forth] in this scene
        It is much better to have assigned cameras than switching viewports.
        If you have to edit the project after a long period has passed and you don't have cameras with proper names this could be a challenge.

Is it possible to get an camera option in the viewport to see the decal projection
        We discussed your idea with the teams and for now we won't be developing such a feature.
        I hope you understand and that does not discourages you to share ideas about improvements to V-Ray.
        Thanks again.
        Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X