Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray sun altitude azimuth

Dear VRay team
    Since the arrival of Vantage , working with sun through altitude azimuth sliders, has been revolutionising , cause it is the fastest way to find the perfect sun placement that best fits your scene, interior and exterior.
    Can you please add this feature to vray sun, so that we can both experiment while running vantage live link, or to be able to match the altitude azimuth that we placed in vantage when rendering with Vray
    Thanks

Geo-placing of VRaySun has been possible since the dawn of the time through the Daylight system in Max -

Click image for larger version

Name:	3dsmax_TxQrMzlk1u.png
Views:	71
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	1202744 Click image for larger version

Name:	3dsmax_c9pbZ6rxCd.png
Views:	67
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	1202745
    If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
    Chaos

Comment

Dear vray team
      I know that this is possible through this daylight system, but I still think that adding this feature in vray sun would still be very useful,
      Thanks in advance

Comment

I just figured out as well that the same altitude azimuth in daylight max does not match the altitude azimuth of vantage

Comment

Hi digital_technologies,

We have fixed internally the difference between Altitude and Azimuth in Vantage so it matches the convention in Max. It will be available in the next release. Prior saved .vantage files will be converted so the lighting matches but the values will be set to the new correct ones.

Best regards,
          Alexander
          Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Working...
          X