Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bitmap Switch

Hi
    I hope there is a way to switch between several textures (not the multiSubTex), but exactly like the material switch. also if the VraySwitchMTL and hopfully the VraySwitchTEX can be increased for more than 10 materials.
    thanks

In the meantime
    -If you have Corona installed, you can use CoronaSelect (its compatible with vray)
    -For VraySwitch you could also CoronaSelectMaterial or if you have 3ds Max 2024 it has a Material Switcher with multiple inputs (as I recall its also compatible with vray)
    Last edited by ChuckRT; 14-03-2024, 09:03 AM.
    Carlos Rodriguez
    RTstudio
    Tutorials

Comment

Hey ChuckRT
      thanks, unfortunately I do not own Corona to test.
      Last edited by wessam; 16-03-2024, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wessam View Post
        Hey ChuckRT
        thanks, are you experience with VRay? coz we already have VRaySwitchMTL to switch materials, I was asking about a TextureSwitch. unfortunately I do not own Corona to test.
        hi there, CoronaSelect its like Material Switcher but for maps, most of Corona Maps are compatible with V-Ray (I made a mistake, Corona Select Material its not compatible), the good part its that you dont need to have a license to make it work in vray, actually you need to have Corona installed in order to make work the converter. Hopelly in next versions we could have these maps too in Vray (Front Back, Select, Color Correct)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Animation.gif
Views:	60
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	1204682
        Carlos Rodriguez
        RTstudio
        Tutorials

Comment

thanks man, I appreciate your efforts ,but what I see here is only a field to specify map count, not to switch with a number so you can't for instance animate the number to switch at render time. but I will definitely try.
          thanks again

Comment

In this cases you can use a Controller asigned to the parameter and then you can animate, its not very practical, but it works.
            VraySwitch Material can be animated using the spinners, make sure to ask for this in the wishlist so Dev team will know how do u want to use it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Animation.gif
Views:	54
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	1204688
            Carlos Rodriguez
            RTstudio
            Tutorials

Comment

Yes, I used to create this controller along with VRaySwitchMTL, very practical to batch render variants of materials.

Comment

Working...
              X