OpenEXR support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by studioDIM

Combustion does clamp to 1.000 the brightness of 32bpc images when an alpha premultiplication is done in the footage properties page, rendering pretty useless any CC you might attempt afterwards.
    Try using the image as Straight and matte the image through the comp, rather than in the footage properties.

hope it helps...
    Are you sure about this? Does it only hapen when premultiplying alphas in the render output or only in combustion internaly?
    Signing out,
    Christian

Comment

Hello and merry thingy and happy whatever

I am pretty sure of it, and you can check it for yourself with a combustion (demo, if no purchased license is available to you)

Say you have a sun at 25.000 brightness, and an alpha, try using the color+Alpha with premult on in the footage page.
      You'll see your sun's brightness being clamped to 1.000 (it is invisible, of course, unless you roll the mouse over to color sample, or there are CC nodes somewhere).

When i was in London working it became a huge headache on one project, and i ended up using Shake under mac to get the comping done properly... (Notice we used EXRs on the project, but it happens regardless if you use any float footage and premultiply it)

Since we're in the wishlist, why not having Vlado doing some proper coding for the comping side of things?
      I'd be curious to see a VRaustion in action :P

Comment

Originally posted by studioDIM
        I'd be curious to see a VRaustion in action :P
        Hah, maybe VRake?

Seriously though, how about VSync?

David
        www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

LOL!

Comment

Working...
          X