pause renders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pause renders?

Hi this has been asked before, but since that was about 2 years ago I thought I should ask again to see if anythings changed...

It would be great to be able to pause a render, ppt or buckets, and continue rendering it later.

In 2004 Vlado said it wouldnt work for some reason (the thread is now gone).
    Is this still impossible to implement? Or could it work?

and another thing... when using MAXs render-to-texture mode it would be nice to see the normal render progress window... as it is now its impossible to stop and quit a render-to-texture-render...you have to wait until its finished. (and if youve set your settings too high this can take a while...)
    I guess this is more of a max-problem than a Vray-problem... but IF you could fix this somehow it would be great!

thanks!
    Kalle

Re: pause renders?

Originally posted by skogskalle
    In 2004 Vlado said it wouldnt work for some reason (the thread is now gone). Is this still impossible to implement? Or could it work?
    Unfortunately things have not changed. Pausing a rendering cannot be implemented currently.

as it is now its impossible to stop and quit a render-to-texture-render... you have to wait until its finished.
    And pressing ESC in that time does not work? I think it does, but if it doesn't there is little to be done. The progress window is displayed by 3dsmax itself, not by V-Ray... maybe we can still show just a simple progress window ourselves... we'll see.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Pausing a rendering cannot be implemented currently.
      thats too bad...
      but what if you use a precalculated GI-solution, and render to a Vray Image file. (which saves the render bucket for bucket) couldnt you make Vray keep track of which buckets have been rendered and which buckets are left? so when hitting the pause-button Vray would finish the currect bucket and then pause. And when hitting "resume" Vray would start from the next bucket...
      (maybe not the perfect solution, but do you think this would work?)

Pressing ESC in RTT mode doesnt work for me... maybe its just a bug, i dont know. I just cant understand why max doesnt show the progress window when rendering to texture... i mean, its just another render...shouldnt be any different..

thanks for your answer, Vlado!

Comment

Working...
      X