reflective occlusion capability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reflective occlusion capability

It would be nice to have a material, similiar to something like the dirtmap, that would render out a reflective occlusion to the environment. I am currently working on a ginormous complex of building, and many of them are metal clad. The size of the project, means reflections are at a premium, and glossy reflections even more. I'm currently using a reflection map with a very blurred hdri, and it looks good in many angles, but totally unrealistic in others. A reflect occlusion map would take care of that.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

btw, I do know about the workaround of giving making a material 100% reflective and only one reflective bounce with a white environment and everything else black. But its kind of a workaround that would be nice to hot have to take the time to setup.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Hi,

I wrote a VRayDirt derivate once that could do this. But I didn't update it to VRay 1.5 yet. If you are interested I will try to recompile. It could do Reflection Occlusion.
      Here's the thread: http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...ight=occlusion

But the Dirt Parameters weren't as complete as they are now with 1.5.

Best regards,
      Dieter
      --------
      visit my developer blog

Comment

yes, that would be totally awesome. We're not quite ready to migrate to 1.5, but will be in a week or two. So does your solution require compositing the reflections in post? or is it straight out of render? Im usually a post kinda guy, but for this, I really just want something that works straight out of the render.

Comment

Yes,

the images in the thread above are straight out of the renderer. (Except of the maps in the upper right corner). The map was written for internal use only, but it wasn't used much lately. Drop me a mail when you have updated to 1.5.

Best regards,

Dieter
          --------
          visit my developer blog

Comment

Working...
          X