Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flares and glows from lights

Vlado ..

im sure this would be possible in vray now, is this something that can be implimented for future builds ?

http://www.hc.ic.i.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~ka...larePresen.pdf
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Wow, good reading - The math turned my brain to jelly though

Comment

ooohh nice!

This is what I was asking for in the V-Ray development poll

Oh man I hope we get this.
      Eric Boer
      Dev

Comment

Nice read indeed, and talk about simulation...
        The fake eyelashes on the camera made my day

Lele

Comment

yes..I have asked for this about 3 years ago
          Dmitry Vinnik
          Silhouette Images Inc.
          ShowReel:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
          https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

ja would be fantastic!!
            Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
            www.shack.de

Comment

pretty neat. It would need to be able to be rendered out separately in another pass, or it would be a little too destructive to a render for my taste.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Originally posted by percydaman
                It would need to be able to be rendered out separately in another pass, or it would be a little too destructive to a render for my taste.
                in other renderers such as maxwell and, I gather, fryrender, this is applied as a post effect on full float outputs. maxwell's glare for example works exactly as described in the paper, with apertures and obstacles (like eyelashes) maps.

Comment

The maxwell glare seem to be a post process only, because you can load an image and apply a glare effect. So, this could be done at Vray frame buffer level too or with a photoshop plugin. Do somebody know a photoshop plugin?
                  I ask me: is a 3D application necessary or is it done with image processing allways?.
                  www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

well it would be nice, for the 3d program to have the capability to do it, in full float, with physically correct flaring etc where applicable. Straight post process, is frequently just what looks good to your eye.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

we usually do that kind of things in post using nuke...in full float...does the trick mostly.

Thorsten

Comment

yeah. the comercial with the dancing robots has some awsome glares.

---------------------------------------------------
                        MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                        stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Originally posted by instinct
                          we usually do that kind of things in post using nuke...in full float...does the trick mostly.

Thorsten
                          ya but are they physically accurate based upon the camera and such, or are they 'faked' by eye?

Comment

I think the easiest way to get correct scaling , shift and obscuration would be to do it 3D
                            Eric Boer
                            Dev

Comment

This would be a great feature for us, especially if it could be done in the vray Frame buffer in post and fully adjustable..
                              Natty
                              http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X